What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (4 Viewers)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
It Takes a Thief - 2.11 "Glass Riddle"
Speaking of Linda Lawson, she shows up several years later in this slick, Mission: Impossible-style lark as a SIA agent, assigned by Noah (Malachi Throne) to assist Al Mundy (uber suave Robert Wagner) in breaking into a highly secure bank vault, to..erm...make a withdrawal on behalf of the U.S. government. One of the few episodes not yet pulled from YouTube, this typically frothy, stylish spy caper also features Marian Marshall, Roy Poole and Jason Evers. The opening credits (accompanied by Dave Grusin's catchy theme music) are the epitome of swinging sixties cool.
Jeff, great reviews as always...I'm sorry to hear that most of this series has been pulled from Youtube, though not surprised of course. They seem to knock down Universal properties pretty quickly. Some guy(s?) keeps uploading Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Hour, almost as fast, they are removed.

I hope the following brightens up everyone's day in this most worrying time...watching such great classic TV always lifts my spirits...

I have the Eone complete series DVD set, and coincidentally, I just watched It Takes a Thief S2E13 Guess Who's Coming to Rio (Jan. 7 1969) D: Bruce Kessler, W: Glen A. Larson. Guest cast: Dana Wynter, John Russell, Arlene Martell, Teri Garr, Alejandro Rey, Michael Ansara...as a reward for some daring-do in Paris, international cat burglar turned spy Alexander Mundy (Robert Wagner of course) is on a 48 hour vacation in Rio. His "SIA" controller Noah Bain (Malachi Throne) assigns his resident agent Bill Dover (John Russell of Lawman in the first of his 6 episodes playing this character), to mind Mundy, according to Noah's instructions, to "limit him to more conventional vices"...Mundy is eager to reunite with the rich and beautiful Contessa del Mundo (the gracefully exquisite Dana Wynter)...Noah suggests that Mundy might just want to reunite her money into his pockets...but Mundy seems to be sincere, who wouldn't want to spend a weekend with a woman like Dana Wynter?

Just as Mundy arrives at the Rio airport, there is a bombing that may (or may not) have been intended to kill him...a wacky and eager-to-please young American girl (the insanely cute/sexy Teri Garr in the first of her 2 eps) barely escapes with her life at the same time, whereupon she follows Mundy to his hotel, to be questioned by police aware of just who Mundy really is...at the same time, a lovely Soviet defector has arrived in Rio (Arlene Martell, Outer Limits Demon with a Glass Hand and T'pring from Star Trek's Amok Time). The Soviets want her silenced, and she is under the secret protection of the chief of Brazilian intelligence (Michael Ansara, Mr. Barbara Eden)...the number 2 of Brazilian intelligence (Alejandro Rey, taking a break from The Flying Nun), wants to be number 1 and has arranged for the assassination by bombing of his superior...which he has contracted to a pair of Rio underworld types, Quiggs and Demetrius (Aram Katcher, Bruno Vesota)... channeling the style, cadence and accents of Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet from any number of WB 1940s movies...my screen caps from the Eone set...
Thief 5.JPG

Thief 60.JPG

Thief 2.JPG

Thief 6.JPG

Thief 7.JPG

Thief 8.JPG

Thief 9.JPG

Thief 15.JPG

Thief 18.JPG

the Contessa del Mundo to Mundy: "I don't know if I can afford you Alexander...the last time you left town, three of the most valuable jewelry collections in Rio disappeared with you..."
Thief 16.JPG

On his way to see the Contessa, Mundy is abducted by the assassins, who may now have switched targets for a richer payday..or maybe not, there's a lot going on in this delightful episode...
Thief 17.JPG

Having escaped the hijackers, Mundy returns to the hotel and keeps time with the wacky travelling girl...while they survey the assorted suspect types that populate this nightclub...all of them suspicious, especially Quiggs, who wants another crack at Mundy...foiling yet another rendezvous with the lovely Contessa...but Bill Dover hovers nearby, trying to decide whether Mundy should be helped or thwarted in whatever he is cooking up...
Thief 24.JPG

Thief 20.JPG

Thief 23.JPG

Thief 26.JPG

Yea, just try to keep this guy out of a Nehru jacket, ha, ha...
Thief 25.JPG

Thief 27.JPG

Perhaps the actual target is the lovely Soviet defector protected by the gallant head of Brazilian intelligence...who has naturally fallen in love with her...
Thief 31.JPG

Thief 33.JPG

Thief 34.JPG

Continued next post...

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
It Takes a Thief S2E13 Guess Who's Coming to Rio (Jan. 7, 1969) continued...

The Contessa del Mundo (Dana Wynter) takes yet another call from Alexander Mundy (Robert Wagner) trying to arrange another rendezvous with the lovely lady...which Mundy will yet again miss due to another intervention of international intrigue...my screen caps from the Eone DVD set...
Thief 29.JPG

Mundy is sidetracked from his appointment with ecstasy by having to save the life of a lovely Soviet defector (Arlene Martell)...the Soviets want her dead and have several paid assassins looking for her...Mundy is held at gunpoint while the corrupt Brazillian intelligence agent (Alejandro Rey), who is looking for a big payday from Moscow, kidnaps her, holding her in a high-rise hotel room under guard...
Thief 30.JPG

Dover (John Russell), the SIA's resident agent in Rio, has finally determined what is really going on and now knows he has to help Mundy, and not hinder him...now knowing that the defector must be rescued...and that Mundy's particular set of skills are her only hope with which to survive...
Thief 36.JPG

Thief 37.JPG

The wacky American tourist girl (Teri Garr) will, incredibly, (but to our great delight), play a critical role in saving the day...Dover fetches her from the disco...
Thief 38.JPG

Thief 42.JPG

Thief 41.JPG

Thief 19.JPG

Dover nervously watches the high wire acrobatics of Mundy as he scales the high-rise and enters the window to rescue the girl...no spoilers, but you don't think he won't pull it all off gracefully do you? The pleasure is in seeing Mundy's clever plan to divert the bad guys from her actual escape!
Thief 43.JPG

All's well that ends well in Mundy's world...after thanking Teri Garr for her assistance (and kissing those lovely lips, he's no fool), he bids her adieu...Mundy still has his sights set on the lovely Contessa del Mundo, after inexplicably missing two appointments to be with her...
Thief 47.JPG

Thief 46.JPG

Thief 49.JPG

The lovely Contessa still finds some irresistible charm in Mundy...but she's no lady to take for granted, as he shall soon discover!
Thief 51.JPG

Thief 54.JPG

Honestly, this has got to be in my top ten for the whole series...I was 12 going on 13 when It Takes a Thief debuted in the fall of 1968...as Jeff said, this show was an exemplar of '60s cool...the real deal in the school of American Spy shows...and I can listen to that tremendous Dave Grusin theme music on a loop all day long...one of the all-time great TV themes...

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Aside from the missing S1 disc, which I know played flawlessly, all of Wonder Woman S1 is fine, so I'm going to digitally purchase the handful I don't have. I started S2 tonight. Disc 1, Side A plays 1 episode flawlessly, while the next 2 freeze and jump so bad that they are not watchable. Side B fares a little better playing the first 2 episodes without a hitch, while episode 3 freezes shortly after the opening credits. I'll continue to make note of what isn't playing vs. what is. I may just wind up purchasing S2 and S3 digitally. They're more expensive than buying the discs, but considering that WB hasn't given us a truly viable solution, it's the next best thing.
I finished Wonder Woman last night. I was saddened to hear of Lyle's passing as he was a great actor. I only wound up with 5 bad episodes total in the whole series, so I'm glad I didn't go the digital route. I did do a test run of the SD version on Amazon by buying an episode. Oh, no, don't do that. I thought I wouldn't be dealing with the cropped nonsense if I chose the SD. No, those are cropped as well, and the picture quality is horrendous. I kept waiting for it to clear up, thinking it was my connection. I bit the bullet and rebought it in HD. WB really needs to put this on blu-ray with the original 4x3 masters. The streaming option is cropped whether you choose SD or HD, and it is way too tight in some scenes. If we don't crop movies anymore to fill a screen, why are we cropping TV shows?

I wish they would have stayed with the WWII format, but the move from ABC to CBS saw that changed. If Wikipedia is to be believed on this, and it sounds plausible, it was too expensive to keep that format. S2 is good, though. I remember always being fascinated with the IRAC computer as a kid. Now I look at it and it seems so utterly primitive.

S3 was enjoyable, but it certainly didn't approach the level of S1, and it even paled in comparison to S2. I understand they were trying to appeal to a younger audience. The theme song went disco. I know the character itself is not a plausible idea in real life, but you started having all kinds of weird scenarios with aliens inhabiting people and other assorted capers. They filmed an episode where Diana Prince moves to LA. It was supposed to be the last episode of S3, but it wound up 3rd from the end instead, so it doesn't make sense to view it, and then you have a 2 part where she's still in Washington. The LA move was supposed to be a change of scenery for a S4, but CBS declined to pick it up.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
In honor of the coronavirus I decided to watch some episodes that included the idea of some biological threat.

Gilligan's Island - "Gilligan Gets Bugged". A green bug with big yellow wings wrecks havoc on everyone. Pretty fun episode, especially after everyone gets bit and begins to panic.

Greatest American Hero - "The Plague". The title says it all. A militia plans on unleashing a plague on the U.S. Both Ralph and Bill think they are coming down with the plague they are trying to stop. Hilarious spoof on hypochondriacs.

Rawhide - "Incident of the Town in Terror". Rowdy (and the cattle) might have anthrax. Town panics and won't let the drovers anywhere near them.

Gary "I'm sure there are other such episodes, but these are the three that immediately came to my mind" O.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Jeff, great reviews as always...I'm sorry to hear that most of this series has been pulled from Youtube, though not surprised of course. They seem to knock down Universal properties pretty quickly. Some guy(s?) keeps uploading Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Hour, almost as fast, they are removed.

I hope the following brightens up everyone's day in this most worrying time...watching such great classic TV always lifts my spirits...

I have the Eone complete series DVD set, and coincidentally, I just watched It Takes a Thief S2E13 Guess Who's Coming to Rio (Jan. 7 1969) D: Bruce Kessler, W: Glen A. Larson. Guest cast: Dana Wynter, John Russell, Arlene Martell, Teri Garr, Alejandro Rey, Michael Ansara...as a reward for some daring-do in Paris, international cat burglar turned spy Alexander Mundy (Robert Wagner of course) is on a 48 hour vacation in Rio. His "SIA" controller Noah Bain (Malachi Throne) assigns his resident agent Bill Dover (John Russell of Lawman in the first of his 6 episodes playing this character), to mind Mundy, according to Noah's instructions, to "limit him to more conventional vices"...Mundy is eager to reunite with the rich and beautiful Contessa del Mundo (the gracefully exquisite Dana Wynter)...Noah suggests that Mundy might just want to reunite her money into his pockets...but Mundy seems to be sincere, who wouldn't want to spend a weekend with a woman like Dana Wynter?

Just as Mundy arrives at the Rio airport, there is a bombing that may (or may not) have been intended to kill him...a wacky and eager-to-please young American girl (the insanely cute/sexy Teri Garr in the first of her 2 eps) barely escapes with her life at the same time, whereupon she follows Mundy to his hotel, to be questioned by police aware of just who Mundy really is...at the same time, a lovely Soviet defector has arrived in Rio (Arlene Martell, Outer Limits Demon with a Glass Hand and T'pring from Star Trek's Amok Time). The Soviets want her silenced, and she is under the secret protection of the chief of Brazilian intelligence (Michael Ansara, Mr. Barbara Eden)...the number 2 of Brazilian intelligence (Alejandro Rey, taking a break from The Flying Nun), wants to be number 1 and has arranged for the assassination by bombing of his superior...which he has contracted to a pair of Rio underworld types, Quiggs and Demetrius (Aram Katcher, Bruno Vesota)... channeling the style, cadence and accents of Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet from any number of WB 1940s movies...my screen caps from the Eone set...

Great stuff, Randall! Sounds like a fabulous episode, and what a neat cast...including three world-class lovelies in Dana Wynter, Arlene Martel and Teri Garr. Guess I'm just going to have to break down and order that French Elephant Films complete series It Takes a Thief set soon...at roughly 60 euros through Amazon Spain, not too bad of a price for all 66 episodes.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
In honor of the coronavirus I decided to watch some episodes that included the idea of some biological threat.

Gilligan's Island - "Gilligan Gets Bugged". A green bug with big yellow wings wrecks havoc on everyone. Pretty fun episode, especially after everyone gets bit and begins to panic.

Greatest American Hero - "The Plague". The title says it all. A militia plans on unleashing a plague on the U.S. Both Ralph and Bill think they are coming down with the plague they are trying to stop. Hilarious spoof on hypochondriacs.

Rawhide - "Incident of the Town in Terror". Rowdy (and the cattle) might have anthrax. Town panics and won't let the drovers anywhere near them.

Gary "I'm sure there are other such episodes, but these are the three that immediately came to my mind" O.

Great to see hear from you, Gary O! That's a good line-up of outbreak-themed classic TV right there...interesting idea for a theme night. I think you're right, that there a bunch of shows which feature episodes along the same lines...the one that pops into my head right off is "The Night of the Plague," from S4 of The Wild Wild West. The same season's "The Night of the Gruesome Games" also features the threat of deadly bacteria being released by the bad guys.

Hope you and your family are all well, and that we see more of you in this thread!

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I finished Wonder Woman last night. I was saddened to hear of Lyle's passing as he was a great actor. I only wound up with 5 bad episodes total in the whole series, so I'm glad I didn't go the digital route. I did do a test run of the SD version on Amazon by buying an episode. Oh, no, don't do that. I thought I wouldn't be dealing with the cropped nonsense if I chose the SD. No, those are cropped as well, and the picture quality is horrendous. I kept waiting for it to clear up, thinking it was my connection. I bit the bullet and rebought it in HD. WB really needs to put this on blu-ray with the original 4x3 masters. The streaming option is cropped whether you choose SD or HD, and it is way too tight in some scenes. If we don't crop movies anymore to fill a screen, why are we cropping TV shows?

I wish they would have stayed with the WWII format, but the move from ABC to CBS saw that changed. If Wikipedia is to be believed on this, and it sounds plausible, it was too expensive to keep that format. S2 is good, though. I remember always being fascinated with the IRAC computer as a kid. Now I look at it and it seems so utterly primitive.

Thanks for the Wonder Woman reviews and transfer info, Ron! If I can handle the "cheese" factor, I might pick up S1 eventually. The WWII-era format sounds much more to my tastes. I did watch this show off-and-on when it first aired, but as I never warmed to Lynda Carter, despite her obvious physical attributes, it was never a regular watch for me. Maybe it's time to give it another try...

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
So far so good, Jeff. Thanks for asking. Trusting you and yours are ok as well.

“Great added suggestions for this theme from WWW“ O.

We're good here, Gary - thanks! And thanks to my DVD and Blu-Ray collection, I have plenty of great stuff to watch to keep me occupied...

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
(…) I think you're right, that there a bunch of shows which feature episodes along the same lines...the one that pops into my head right off is "The Night of the Plague," from S4 of The Wild Wild West. The same season's "The Night of the Gruesome Games" also features the threat of deadly bacteria being released by the bad guys.

Hope you and your family are all well, and that we see more of you in this thread!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Good call, John! I knew there were a few more WWW episodes I was missing...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I finally finished watching S2 of Twin Peaks and have pretty much the same complaints as I did watching S1. It just feels like a daytime soap opera transported to prime time. The overall production values are better but not scripting/acting. Of course it "ended" with several plot threads hanging. I read that Lynch intended it to never fully resolve but always keep adding a new twist or mystery so it'd evolve over time. That it does and I did like most of S2 better than S1. The score still feels out-of-place more often than not and frequently gets in the way of screen action. Maybe if it weren't the same, identical, lines every time (like a daytime soap would do for economy) it'd integrate better. As it is, I found myself wishing there was an option to turn it off. Overall it was "OK" and didn't change my opinion of the show before I'd seen it. That is, its pedigree is mostly built on hype and cult love. The movie is included in the set I purchased but, after reading the synopsis, I have no intentions of watching it as it's a prequel to show just what happened to Laura Palmer. I don't care...

The video and audio quality on the BR I have is excellent. I have the region free UK release and picked it up very cheaply. If you're a fan and don't already own a BR copy I highly recommend that release. I'd also recommend this release for the curious as it's inexpensive enough for a blind buy (currently just over $20 shipped).

mark-edk

Second Unit
Another problem with the later seasons of Wonder Woman was that Steve Trevor got pushed to the side (apparently he and Diana Prince didn't get along that well). Eventually he was put behind a desk and became almost a peripheral player. I would bet the plan to move Wonder Woman out of DC in season four would leave him behind permanently.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
LA Law: “New Kidney on the Block” (12/6/1990): Benny and Murray go out to a dance to meet women, eventually meeting two named Aurora and Crystal (Candice Azzara, Julie Garfield), then end up getting in a fight in a restaurant while on a double date with them. Grace’s friend needs a new kidney because she’s been on the transplant list for a while and now is confined to a wheelchair — and this is all in addition to being diabetic — so she asks her to help. Kuzak handles the case of a Vietnam veteran named Weston (Bob Gunton) who burned the flag at a military cemetery and got attacked for it. Stuart and Ann are separated. The accused assailant (Adam Storke) is the son of a Vietnam veteran who died during the Tet Offensive three months before he was born. C.J. takes the case of 20 obese men injured in a bus accident on their way to a weight loss clinic in Palm Springs.

From the “Long Time No See” Department: Candice Azzara was cast in one of the original unaired (until the late 1990s) pilots to play Gloria on All in the Family, where Vincent Gardenia later played Frank Lorenzo.

Music: “Chattanooga Choo Choo”

LA Law: “God Rest Ye Murray Gentlemen” (12/13/1990): Benny buys a Christmas tree, but Murray thinks it’s still October until he takes a turn for the worse. Grace gets to be office Santa this year. At the office meeting, Douglas gleefully announced that Rosalind is being indicted for S&L fraud along with other members of a board to which she belongs, then Leland privately asks Grace to take the case. Noah Cowen, the former client with Tourette’s, comes back with a business proposal, but his tics have alienated some prospective investors. Victor is on the opposing side in a case about a man with neurofibromatosis (John Glover, Love! Valor! Compassion!) fired from practicing medicine from a hospital because of his appearance. Grace and Victor share a moment together at the Christmas party.

The episode opens with a memorial for Michael Zaldivar, the late assistant to the producer.

Music: “The Star-Spangled Banner.” “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher,” “Midnight Train to Georgia,” “Baby I Need Your Lovin’”

The audio defect rears its ugly head again in select scenes on the R2 DVDs.

LA Law: “Splatoon” (1/3/1991): Victor becomes a partner but not Abby, so the other members of the firm have to find the best way to tell her. Douglas, Stuart, and Jonathan participate in a war games competition for their client: the head of a tampon factory (Rod Arrants). Grace and Victor try to keep things strictly professional. Much to Ann’s chagrin, Abby appears on Donahue to talk about guns. Tommy takes the case of the wife (Vanessa Bell Calloway) of a boxer (Victor Love) suing his promoter (William Allen Young) for setting him up for a devastating defeat that caused life-changing injuries. His trainer (George Rogan) admits he quit because of ethical concerns. After C.J. invites Abby to the premiere of Sleeping with the Enemy (a Fox release, surprise, surprise!), and she doesn’t have time, she learns the bad news about her promotion from C.J. Kuzak admits he would feel bothered if Grace and Victor started dating. Joyce Meadows makes a cameo as a jury foreperson.

This one runs a little short, only 45:19.

LA Law: “Pump it Up” (1/10/1991): After Stuart and Ann reconcile, they see Leland and Rosalind enjoying themselves at dinner together. The firm celebrates Arnie’s 39th birthday, but he doesn’t want to because he claims to have work to do. Victor represents a man (Michael Harris) accused of murder; if convicted, he could get the death penalty. His widow (Jacqueline Schultz) takes the stand, then when he does, he thinks of a lie to help try to get him a lesser sentence. Kuzak chides Grace, not knowing she is now the firm’s chief of litigation, for not telling him how she and Tommy got her friend a new kidney. Arnie’s client (Ally Walker) wants to get more money from her multimillionaire ex-husband (Steve Forrest, Dallas) than the paltry sum her prenup gave her. When the other partners confront Leland on his tactics, he makes Douglas the pro tempore senior partner for six weeks.

LA Law: “Rest in Pieces” (1/31/1991): When Roxanne is still angry a week after what she saw on his birthday, Arnie claims to have satyriasis for which he is seeking medical attention. Douglas takes Stuart off of a prominent case. C.J. takes the case of a woman (Maggie Roswell, The Simpsons, Midnight Madness) who claims the house she bought is haunted. Grace defends a soldier (Christopher Collett) accused of defying orders for refusing to kill civilians while the US tried to capture General Noriega in Panama. The prosecuting attorney (James McDaniel, NYPD Blue) is also a soldier. Arnie fires Roxanne and loses Corrine when she throws him out. The firm still is trying to collect the fees on the Earl Williams case. Kuzak is afraid Douglas has gotten in too deep with Vanna White. Douglas wants Roxanne to be her assistant, which means a raise and a promotion. Douglas and Jonathan manage to save the firm hundreds of thousands of dollars on the rent by negotiating a new lease, but Leland objects to Douglas’s tactics … until the partners all get the bonuses they thought they would be denied this year.

LA Law: “He’s A Crowd” (2/7/1991): Kuzak represents a man with multiple personality disorder (Andrew Robinson) accused of murder; the assistant DA taking the case, Zoey Clemmons (Cecil Hoffman), is Tommy’s ex-wife. Corrine takes Arnie to court; Roxanne has been subpoenaed to testify, and her testimony is bad news for Gwen. Rosalind tells Leland to fight to keep a powerful corporate client while she holds blackmail evidence that could rock the case. C.J. and Abby share a moment together then figure out how to keep their friendship platonic. Arnie has to tell Chloe goodbye.

Music: Puff the Magic Dragon

Last edited:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
There's also the excellent first season Mission: Impossible episode about bacterial warfare, "The Carriers" (with guest M:I team member George "Sulu" Takei).

Not to mention a couple of early episodes of Gunsmoke: S1's "The Pest Hole" (about typhoid fever) and S2's "Cholera."

Don't forget The Fugitive S3's "All the Scared Rabbits", where Dr. Kimble chauffeurs Suzanne Pleshette, her little daughter (the fruit of Pleshette and her ex-husband), and the kid's pet bunny, across the desert southwest... not realizing it is a highly-contagious, meningitis-infected test rabbit, which the little rascal had spirited out of her pathologist father's in-home research lab, moments before the trip.

Also... :emoji_mask:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

Germ Warfare/Viruses
“Operation Rogosh” (season 1)
“A Spool There Was” (season 1)
“The Carriers” (season 1)
“The Photographer” (season 2)
“A Game of Chess” (season 2)
“The Test Case” (season 3)
“The Controllers” (season 4)
“The Innocent” (season 5)
“A Ghost Story” (season 5)
“Nerves” (season 6)
“Tod-5” (season 7)

Contamination/Germ/Plague
“The Night of the Murderous Spring” (season 1)
“The Night of the Sudden Plague” (season 1)
“The Night of the Green Terror” (insecticide) (season 2)
“The Night of the Man-Eating House” (bubonic plague) (season 2)
“The Night of the Amnesiac” (small pox) (season 3)
“The Night of the Gruesome Games” (season 4)
“The Night of the Plague” (season 4)

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Help Help it’s the Hair Bear Bunch.

keep your keeper
Rare Bear Bungle
Raffle Ruckus
Bridal Boo Boo
No Space Like home
Love Bug Bungle
I’ll zoo you Later
Ark Lark

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
More familiar faces, both old guard recently discussed in this thread, and a newer generation, turn up in Gunsmoke S19E21 Trail of Bloodshed (Mar. 3, 1974)...the old guard being represented by Harry Carey Jr. and Craig (Peter Gunn) Stevens...the newer generation in the form of Kurt Russell, who of course has a thriving acting career to this day...my screen caps from the CBS DVD season 19...

Kurt Russell plays the son hellbent on revenge for the killing of his father (Larry Pennell, reuniting with his old co-star Ken Curtis from Ripcord) at the hands of a ruthless killer played by Tom Simcox...
Gunsmoke 176.JPG

Gunsmoke 177.JPG

Craig Stevens as the professional gambler...and when need be, a surgeon in desperate times...
Gunsmoke 179.JPG

Gunsmoke 178.JPG

The gambler performs emergency surgery on the wounded Kurt Russell, ably assisted by his saloon girl nurses and the barkeeper providing the anesthesia in the form of rot-gut whiskey...
Gunsmoke 185.JPG

Gunsmoke 181.JPG

Gunsmoke 183.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indy7solo
Recent bookmarks