What's new

What comics are you into? (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Good mention of the Identity Crisis series, Rafael. It's a great way to enhance the "lesser" characters and is a neat way to look at history... what happens when the "big boys" leave and the cleanup has to happen.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine told me to check out Identity Crisis. I'll probably go out to a comic shop tomorrow and pick up and issue.

Right now I just started reading Crisis on Infinite Earths. Pretty cool so far.

Brion

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I got the trade of Crisis... man, that was too much for me. I understand what they were doing, but seriously, my head was spinning.

But if you want a great story, try "The Watchmen." The art wasn't all-that for me, and I really didn't get the whole pirate comic sub-plot, but it was a great story.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I don't think things really picked up in Identity Crisis until issue 2, but now I seriously can't wait until the next issue arrives. It's that good.

Justin- Crisis...Earths was definitely a huge undertaking. I remember reading them as they were coming out and trying to keep track of all the cross-over issues in the other DC series. I think I may still have those. So much money spent. :D

I wish DC would gather all the Crisis cross-overs into a couple collected volumes.

Rafael.

Ralf

Auditioning
In the moment I'm reading Kingdom Come. But till now it's not really catching me.

My last two comics were the first TPBs of Sandman and Preacher. Fantastic comics. :)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
That would seriously help. Being a child of post-crisis, I had no clue what was going on.

I have wanted to pick up a trade of Marvels and Kingdom Come, are they worth it?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
New stuff that I like includes

Conan
Hellboy
Kabuki
Astro City
All of the ABC titles (except Tom Strong, which I dropped when Moore started bringing in guest writers)
The Goon
Astonishing X-Men
The Walking Dead
The Moth

Talent that I follow would include

Alan Moore
Steve Rude
Kurt Busiek
Mike Mignola
Walt Simonson
Tim Truman
Adam Hughes
Alan Davis
Grant Morrison
Evan Dorkin
Darwyn Cooke

I don't read anywhere near as many new releases as I used to because I don't like the trends that many writers and artists are into these days, such as stories being too padded out and featuring very bland artwork with too little scripting in the books, not to mention lots of good indy talents doing uninspired work for Marvel/DC because the money's too good to turn down. So I've been reading lots of reprints, like the Marvel Essential series and the Lone Wolf & Cub books, and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming reprints of Grimjack, Scout, Nexus, American Flagg!, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks