What car should I get in GT3?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShort, Oct 30, 2002.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I just finished the Rally section of GT3... I have $500,000 + the $250,000 rally car you get for completing the Rally races I could sell... what car should I get next? I was sort of contemplating the most expensive RUF model... I'm looking for a car with great handling, in the $300,000 - $750,000 range [​IMG] I actually tried that RUF but didn't save... it was definitely fast, I guess I wasnt used to the speed after driving the rally cars (I wanted to get that set of races finished) and it seemed really hard to steer unless I slowed way down (moreso than other cars I've tried, maybe the actually speed of some cars aren't conveyed well on some of the tracks?)
    I'll probably work on completing the beginner series now, almost done with that.
    Brian

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

3. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

Just do the amateur european championship series. Win the first 4 races then save the game. load it quit the race and you'll win the series. then you have a chance of getting the gillet. Very quick rwd car. Use that in the speedcourse endurance race to win a F1 car. Or you can do the european thing a few times and sell the gillet each time. they're worth 300,000. Then get a million. buy an escudo and do the speed course endurance you can just ride the wall and win.

4. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

Booo Mike! That is cheap[​IMG]
    The rear wheel drive Ruf is a great car that can be used for many a race. It has finicky handling that you have to get used to but rocks after a bit. Also you can jack the power way up if that is your desire. Personally I prefer to race cars that are equal to the rest in teh race to make everything challenging. using the F1 or GT cars for everything is boring except for the races designed for them.
    I have had the most fun in the 4WD new beetle, RWD Miata, RUF, and GT40.

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

The best car in the game would be the Nissan Le Mans car; it's one you have to win, but once you get it, we're talking control at 200+ MPH.

6. BrianShort

I have the standard Supra that I upgraded to something like 1000+ HP... it's nearly impossible to drive, but I guess I'm just not used to the insane acceleration and speed.

I think I'll get the rwd ruf, maybe the 4wd too

Brian

7. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Get the F1.

No, it's not boring. The challenge is in achieving the best possible time.

8. BrianShort

I bought the RWD RUF. Upgraded it all the way (except for a turbocharger and some of the fancy transmission stuff like flywheels and 3 way clutches). Very nice car so far.

Brian

9. John Bryant

John Bryant Second Unit

10. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ