What's new

What car should I get in GT3? (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I just finished the Rally section of GT3... I have $500,000 + the $250,000 rally car you get for completing the Rally races I could sell... what car should I get next? I was sort of contemplating the most expensive RUF model... I'm looking for a car with great handling, in the $300,000 - $750,000 range :) I actually tried that RUF but didn't save... it was definitely fast, I guess I wasnt used to the speed after driving the rally cars (I wanted to get that set of races finished) and it seemed really hard to steer unless I slowed way down (moreso than other cars I've tried, maybe the actually speed of some cars aren't conveyed well on some of the tracks?)
I'll probably work on completing the beginner series now, almost done with that.
Brian

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I actually tried that RUF but didn't save... it was definitely fast, I guess I wasnt used to the speed after driving the rally cars
if you can get used to the speed, you should be able to win a lot of races with the ruf rgt. keep in mind that this isnt the most expensive ruf. i felt that the more expensive one was a little inferior, but didnt spin out as much, due to it being 4wd. if you are good with the accelerator, a shitload of power with a rwd car is no problem. if you win one of the japanese championships, i dont remember which one, you can win the calsonic skyline, which is a great car. another car you can buy is the skyline r34 if i can remember correctly, but your price range is way above that. if you spend 750,000 you can get the pennzoil nismo skyline, which is not as good as the calsonic skyline. best of luck

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Just do the amateur european championship series. Win the first 4 races then save the game. load it quit the race and you'll win the series. then you have a chance of getting the gillet. Very quick rwd car. Use that in the speedcourse endurance race to win a F1 car. Or you can do the european thing a few times and sell the gillet each time. they're worth 300,000. Then get a million. buy an escudo and do the speed course endurance you can just ride the wall and win.

DwightK

Second Unit
Booo Mike! That is cheap:D
The rear wheel drive Ruf is a great car that can be used for many a race. It has finicky handling that you have to get used to but rocks after a bit. Also you can jack the power way up if that is your desire. Personally I prefer to race cars that are equal to the rest in teh race to make everything challenging. using the F1 or GT cars for everything is boring except for the races designed for them.
I have had the most fun in the 4WD new beetle, RWD Miata, RUF, and GT40.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
The best car in the game would be the Nissan Le Mans car; it's one you have to win, but once you get it, we're talking control at 200+ MPH.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I have the standard Supra that I upgraded to something like 1000+ HP... it's nearly impossible to drive, but I guess I'm just not used to the insane acceleration and speed.

I think I'll get the rwd ruf, maybe the 4wd too

Brian

StevenK

Second Unit
Get the F1.

No, it's not boring. The challenge is in achieving the best possible time.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I bought the RWD RUF. Upgraded it all the way (except for a turbocharger and some of the fancy transmission stuff like flywheels and 3 way clutches). Very nice car so far.

Brian

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
The best car in the game would be the Nissan Le Mans car
gotta disagree with you there. ive driven the nissan lm car, but i think the mazda 787 is a better car. imo, apart from the f1 cars, its the best car in the game. but the nissan is a sweet car too, so is the toyota gt one. of course, nothing is faster than the escudo, but fastest isnt always best.
CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks