What's new

What are you listening to right now? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well after getting my cable replaced on my turntable after I was sitting unused for well over a year. I got my Denon DCD-1290 hooked back up as well! Was going to go with the Denon DVD-2200 so I could listen to CD's, SACD's or even DVD-A's but that is having drawer issues.

20210313_195158.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
3/17/2021 Tuesday

Back to enjoying my SACD titles and in the coming week even DVD-A titles after my old player developing issues. This week I purchased a Arcam DV-135 so I can once again enjoy these discs even though this player is limited to stereo playback.

Boston: Boston SACD
20210316_194641.jpg

20210316_194711.jpg

Norah Jones: Come Away With Me SACD
20210316_200602.jpg

Michael Jackson: Thriller SACD
20210316_201003.jpg

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Back in the day, I always wondered how the hell these guys (Rigor Mortis) ever got a major record label deal (Capitol Records).

They were a complete unknown outside of other major label speed/thrash metal signings at the time, like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, etc ...

If I had to guess, Rigor Mortis might have had a manager with very extensive connections in the music/record industry in those days?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Back in the day, I always wondered how the hell these guys (Rigor Mortis) ever got a major record label deal (Capitol Records).

They were a complete unknown outside of other major label speed/thrash metal signings at the time, like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, etc ...

If I had to guess, Rigor Mortis might have had a manager with very extensive connections in the music/record industry in those days?
Mike Scaccia was one of the best guitarists around. His solos, and playing style were out of this world, and there will never be another like him R.I.P. (he died on stage of a heart attack in 2012). Also the band practiced 8 hours a day for two years, I recently heard a demo from 1986, and they were amazing. They were signed to Capitol records, I feared they were just a studio polished band as Capitol tended to make most bands much better than they actually were. Certainly not the case with Rigor Mortis.

The lead singer Bruce Corbitt died of cancer in 2017 so I think it is safe to say the band isn't getting back together.

Although their songs and albums were horror movie based they are in my opinion one of the best metal bands (there is even a documentary about them) that was ever formed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks