What's new

What are the songs in these 2 car commercials? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
1. The first one is for Suzuki. It's a car driving through Times Square in New York I think and it's an old song. Nothing modern. I think it's a love song. EDIT: FOUND

2. The jazzy little one in the one commercial where the dude is waiting in the car for his girlfriend and he hears the jazz band upstairs. It's really jazzy then it adds some techno beats.

EDIT:

3. Also, another Mitsubishi commercial. One where some really funky electric guitar music. It's been used in their commericals before. In this newest one, it cuts into an SUV to kids watching Spongebob. It then goes back to the funky electric guitar music.

Is there a website that lists these kinds of things?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
For the first song, I suppose you're referring to Rod Stewart's version of The Way You Look Tonight. I've seen a commercial for his CD called something like American Songbook Vol. 2. I would imagine this track can be found there or on Vol. 1.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Thanks Greg. I found it quickly on iTunes. There's about 14 different versions though. Which one is the best in your opinion?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Led Zep's "Rock 'n Roll" is on every single Cadillac commercial, not just the one for the SUV, whatever it's called.

I was wondering about the song in the Mitsubishi SUV commercial as well. Thanks Chris.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks Greg. I found it quickly on iTunes. There's about 14 different versions though. Which one is the best in your opinion?
It's a standard, so it's been done too often to give a definitive answer. I imagine you couldn't go wrong with Sinatra's version, but I'm not sure if he's the one the song is typically associated with. I see Chet Baker did a version, so that's the one I'll seek out. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Reviving the thread, because I just found out James Darren has a CD with "The Way You Look Tonight" included. As you may know, James Darren played Vic Fontaine on Deep Space Nine, and this particular CD contains all or most of the songs he performed on the show. Too bad it doesn't have Nana Visitor doing "Fever." :)

Anyway, here's a link with clips:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...-2003+17:01:06

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I have a question about the Lexus radio commercials I hear all the time. Is the announcer Donald Sutherland? It sounds like him to me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to the IMDb, he does Volvo ads. That doesn't rule out Lexus. You may try searching on Lexus "voice over."

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
They've overplayed Rock 'n roll so much I am sick of it. Never thought I'd say that about a Zep song, but it's massively overdone.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
The Lincoln tune is "Get A Move On" by Mr. Scruff.

Love that one. Tap my feet every time I hear it. Now I just gotta FIND it somewhere. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks