What's new

What are the 'other' good surround matches for Mirage OM's (1 Viewer)

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I pose this question not just to the Mirage Faithful but, others as well. What are my options for matching surround speakers for the Mirage OM series? I haven't been all that impressed with their R2's and was wondering if anyone has had success using another Brand of speaker? I love the OM-10's filling sound and don't want to overpower or fight the rest of the system. I'd rather to pay a compliment.

I am aware of the Mirage surround speakers which are made specifically for the OM series. Having just risen up to the OM-10's I was wondering is there another brand or speaker which mates well with the OM series. Perhaps something in a bookshelf size?

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
All righty ten,

Nobody has a suggestion? Then, here goes...What I would like to get is a few suggestions regarding bookshelf sized speakers I should devote audition time to. Speakers that might image, sound stage and timber match well with the Mirage OM lineup.

Price range is a minor concern at this point.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
2 THOUGHTS ON SPEAKERS MATCHING YOUR OM10's :
Mirage has the "OMNISAT" DUE OUT ANY MINUTE NOW that has the same PTH tweeter as your 10's and is very placement flexible....
If you can go to E-bay ,etc, and find older (@5-6 yrs) m290 or m490 bookshelves from Mirage ,they also share the same

Han

Second Unit
Yeah I wish Mirage would come out with something bookshelf size for the OM series as well that radiates 360 degrees and has more ooomph than the OM-R. OM-Rs are more wall speakers than away-from-the-wall omnipolars.

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

I wait in baited anticipation for the OMNISAT's:b

Have you heard a price range yet?

Han,

You must be my long lost twin on this one. The OMNISAT might be the answer, but it looks to be a wall mount only speaker.

EdQ

Stunt Coordinator
I saw them selling for $250 ea.

But does anyone have any input on them?

Han

Second Unit
I finally got a chance to read over the website info and manual on the omnisats. Looks very interesting. The pricing is $350 canadian individually, so I'm not sure what the US price is. I'd definitely look into them for 2 or 4 rears when I move to a house with a bigger HT room.

I'd be interested in listening to them sometime, as they are advertised to be more flexible in placement than the OM series as well as most bipolars. I'd still go with something substantial like the OM-C2 for the center though.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
O.K. GUYS, I was on vacation but went back in this week and played the omnisats and was very impressed...The good news is that they are VERY placement friendly!!
On floor, on wall, on bookshelf, on cieling, and also aVlailable is a nice matching stand....$250 retail (each)
$150 stands(pair)...Black, Platinum, platinum/black combo and white, though all flavors not yet available....I use older M490's bookshelves as rears to match my OM10's, OMC2, OMRSHGB's(side surrounds)...and an SS1500 as well as a custom sub...

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
I've got FRx-THREEs as my rears to go with my OM-7 fronts. They sound great and match quite nicely. Check my site for pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks