What's new

What are people's rituals when watching a movie at home (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Sometimes I have a "Back to the Future" ritual when I watch a Sci/Fi or Fantasy DVD.

I'm old enough to remember going to the movies with my friends in the late 50s to see The Mysterians, Rodan, etc. I picture us sitting in the old moviehouse and start the DVD (last night it was LOTR) I imagine the reaction we would have had back then if LOTR came on.

Its similar to Marty's modern guitar riff at the end of Johnny B. Good in BTTF.

Soon, the movie takes over and I'm back in 2002.

Any older members ever do this, or is it early stage Alzheimer's?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Jenna, Dump her?!?!?!?
Dang, I can't do that... who else would I get to hog all the sheets and covers in the bed every nite?
:D D

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
1. Come to the conclusion that TV sucks.
2. Stare at my DVD collection for 30 minutes or so.
3. Grab one of my TV-series DVDs (I realize the irony).
4. Push Play
5. Fall asleep after 10 minutes.

If I had a lazyboy rather then a bed in the sweet spot I'd probably fall asleep less...

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I should consider myself lucky in that my wife likes the movies too. She bought heavy black velvet curtains to hangin front of the windows to black them out. So part of my preflight routine is to run around and pull the curtains shut and get it nice and dark. Then we bring dinner over and eat while the tv is warming up as we watch TLC or Discovery Channel. Once the food is gone, i cue everythign up for DVD playback, the movie is already in and paused so I just hit play to resume. First thing is to watch the trailer, again I'm lucky as my wife demands to see the trailer first, even if I don't want too. We then settle into the recling couch positions and she grabs the throw blanket to put on her legs. Game on for the next two hours.

BTW, I'm currently working on a demonstration dvd with Podrace scene and Matrix, Gladiator, TS2 into and some others. When I get all the bugs worked out maybe I can work on a trailer dvd and get some copies out there for everyone. Let me know what would be good titles to use for a trailer dvd.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Okay, here is my ritual. It must be night. I also get the glare through the blinds in my house. I'll turn on all my equipment first. I'll put the dvd in next and set it all up to how I want it. Then I will go pop the Orville Redenbacher pour over Movie Theater popcorn and while that is popping pour me a big glass of Pepsi. Then my wife and I are ready to enjoy the film.

Daniel _J_K

Auditioning
Turn on receiver & tv.

Change satellite channel to classic rock.

Peruse LD & DVD collection.

Choose.

Turn on appropriate video player & insert disc.

Change receiver mode.

Select "play".

Kick back & relax.

Fall asleep halfway through movie. LOL

Gary Miller

Stunt Coordinator
"I like to pour myself a scotch, light up a cigar, lay down on the floor with my dog and just forget about the real world for a couple of hours."

That sums it up for me.

Andre F

Screenwriter
For me it's goes like this....

1. Lights out and turn on the bias light (so it's a night thing for me)
2. Get a nice glass of wine
3. Crank it up!

I can't do much about getting interrupted since I have an 11 month old, so he comes first!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks