What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Terry Bradshaw and the rest of the CBS football crew who were all over the Chiefs last night

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
While I think the newest liquid/salt treatment applied to roadways in bad weather is a good thing, it’s very annoying
that the treatment puts a film on vehicle windows that isn’t easy to remove- I couldn’t see outside my driver’s side window without lowering it. The RainX
-20 degree gallon jug seems to get that goop off the windows pretty good.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I dropped a loaded trailer at a location in Georgetown KY, and got the truck stuck on ice. An hour and $390 later, I am free from the ice cocoon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I dropped a loaded trailer at a location in Georgetown KY, and got the truck stuck on ice. An hour and $390 later, I am free from the ice cocoon.
Trucks don't seem to be made for winter travel. A tractor trailer got stuck on the hill next to my house last week with less than an inch of snow on the roadway. Other vehicles seemed to have no problems, going around the truck and up the hill. Eventually a city truck came and spread salt/sand in front of it, and it came right up the hill after that.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Trucks don't seem to be made for winter travel. A tractor trailer got stuck on the hill next to my house last week with less than an inch of snow on the roadway. Other vehicles seemed to have no problems, going around the truck and up the hill. Eventually a city truck came and spread salt/sand in front of it, and it came right up the hill after that.
A truck with a loaded trailer has a better chance at traction than a truck with an empty trailer, or no trailer. I can see where a truck with no real weight on the drive tires can get stuck on an incline.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Same reason people put cinderblocks or wood in the bed of their pickup before snow / ice. You need weight to make the drive tires bite for traction.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yep - that's why front wheel drive vehicles do much better on snow and some better on ice, though I'd rather have rear wheel for icy roads as, IMHO, they're a bit easier to control if you get into a spin.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
That I can’t sleep in like other people can. I’m so used to getting up at 2:30AM for work (12:30AM on Fridays), that when weekends, holidays, inclement weather days, etc... roll around, I’m awake by or before 3.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Cracking an egg and little bits of shell travel to the hot frying pan with it.
That's part of why you crack an egg into a small bowl and then pour the egg into the pan.

When that happens, use part of the shell as a scoop to extract those bits. They're *attracted* to the shell while they "run" from everything else.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I get very annoyed by our local TV station during news using the same stock footage over and over. At the start of the pandemic in late February, they were talking about closing schools. They showed a shot of children getting off a bus in early summer and going into a gym to play dodge ball. One rather stocky lad had red white and blue shorts which looked like they were made from an American flag. Every time school is mentioned on the news since, we see this boy.

They also play footage of a young man with a man bun getting a Covid vaccine inoculation. We can't get our first one, while this guy gets one every day! Last of all we see the same two guys eating outside a restaurant over and over. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I purchased from EBay the first half of a supposedly new version of the Ramona Quimby book series (supposedly new because I saw covers by German artist Ramona Kaulitzki), and I thought that the aforementioned German artist went the whole nine yards and made new illustrations for the books.

Unfortunately, such was not the case-- all that artist did was make front and back covers; the illustrations were the same as before (Jacqueline Rogers); such disappointed me a good bit, because it wasn't as advertised.

I won't be returning it, however, because it only cost $20, and after all, I did want newer copies of the books anyway (my copy of the original all-in-one of those books had serious wear; I'm passing it down to my great-niece, so she can possibly enjoy the Ramona Quimby series).

Here's the newer Vol. 1 set with the newer cover art:

16134021000352157975665226917448.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ben: I just started reading my 6-year old granddaughter Ramona the Pest recently. She started kindergarten this past September and this is the first non-picture book I've read to her.

She and her four-year old sister will be over for a sleepover later this week and I'm hoping to get through most of the rest of the book. The book held her attention and she kept comparing her own Covid-limited kindergarten experience to what Ramona was going through in the book.

My daughter loved the series, too. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Ugh- I drove the company tractor trailer more than 1 hour on shitty roads to pick up my normal run (Flemingsburg KY to Northwood OH). Nobody at the shipper- I assume the plant is closed or delayed opening due to the weather. It would have been nice to be informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks