What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I feel bad about this, but I have been watching CNN and MSNBC a lot lately, and absolutely can't stand the child who is the spokesperson for Shriner's hospital. Talk about a high pitched whinnying voice! I know he can't help it, but he is hard to take. (I also have to keep my thumb on mute for the woman getting "so much more" from the Mesathelioma book!)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I feel bad about this, but I have been watching CNN and MSNBC a lot lately, and absolutely can't stand the child who is the spokesperson for Shriner's hospital. Talk about a high pitched whinnying voice! I know he can't help it, but he is hard to take. (I also have to keep my thumb on mute for the woman getting "so much more" from the Mesathelioma book!)
You’re not the only one. I hate that those Shriner commercials turn the kids into actors. Let them be real kids. I always zip thru them.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
People who scream bloody murder if a BR/4K/DVD release of a film has the video tampered with in any way yet whine if they don't get a remixed surround sound track and don't say a word if the original audio track is nowhere to be found.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
People who scream bloody murder if a BR/4K/DVD release of a film has the video tampered with in any way yet whine if they don't get a remixed surround sound track and don't say a word if the original audio track is nowhere to be found.

This type of "scream bloody murder" behavior isn't just restricted to dvd/bluray/4Kbluray.

In a more general case, this is standard operating procedure in ANY niche which attracts an extreme hardcore crowd. Such hardcore folks are addicted to yelling "SCREAM BLOODY MURDER" constantly. It is what gives them any and all "meaning" to their lives. :chatter:

(At its core, it is another form of being a rageaholic).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This type of "scream bloody murder" behavior isn't just restricted to dvd/bluray/4Kbluray.

In a more general case, this is standard operating procedure in ANY niche which attracts an extreme hardcore crowd. Such hardcore folks are addicted to yelling "SCREAM BLOODY MURDER" constantly. It is what gives them any and all "meaning" to their lives. :chatter:

(At its core, it is another form of being a rageaholic).
No insert, no sale! :P

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
No insert, no sale! :P

I basically use "no bluray = no sale" and "no 4Kbluray = no sale", largely as a reverse engineered "jedi mindfuck" to trick myself into NOT buying a particular movie. :)

This significantly reduces a lot of clutter of dvds/blurays which I end up only watching once or twice (or never). After two years or so, eventually I end up watching such movies on basic cable channels or network tv, largely confirming such titles have very little to no rewatch value for me.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The fact that I am trying to renew my Play station plus subscription and The website is just Spinning as I am trying to update my payment method

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Paid subscriptions is what turned me off from video games forever entirely.

To a lesser extent, I can deal with paid cable or streaming services. Though I would prefer not to.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We recently had to change our e-mail address when our small cable company was absorbed by a huge one. This meant I had to go on websites and change my profiles etc. My question is why is it so easy and quick with some companies, where as some you have to be an astrophysicist? One or two had to be called, because they were impossible to figure out on line. I DO love being on hold for hours of course!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, I'm a little rusty, but here goes:

When did Facebook and Facebook Messenger become such a slogfest with the constant slowing down of loading webpages? It's so bad now, that I'll often have to reload Facebook links that I click on in Messenger. I get so tired of seeing that yellow "Slow Down" bar that gives you the "Stop It" and "Wait" options, the latter being almost never a good idea! :rolleyes:

Facebook? Facebog is more bloody like it!! :lol:

CHEERS! :)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, I'm a little rusty, but here goes:

When did Facebook and Facebook Messenger become such a slogfest with the constant slowing down of loading webpages? It's so bad now, that I'll often have to reload Facebook links that I click on in Messenger. I get so tired of seeing that yellow "Slow Down" bar that gives you the "Stop It" and "Wait" options, the latter being almost never a good idea! :rolleyes:

Facebook? Facebog is more bloody like it!! :lol:

Ya know Tony, I think Mr. Spock put a Vulcan hex on Facebook at the direction of Andy Griffith to remind us all that technology is open to imperfection 😂

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Having to be up earlier to enjoy fresh coffee, since our son has been working, and needs that 5:30 am pick me up.

This is admittedly, a small price to pay for our son currently having a job that he loves. I guess I might be mellowing a bit in my impending old age! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks