What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I suppose this falls under the “Bah, Humbug!” category, but there some singers who shouldn’t do some Xmas songs. My irritant is The Boss singing “Santa Clause is Coming to Town.” This version of the song puts me immediately into Scrooge mode.
No, IMHO there are dozens, if not hundreds, of performers who shouldn't do Christmas songs. They're just not suited and pick the wrong songs in the attempt. But it's been "the thing" my whole life for a "popular" performer to release a Christmas song album or three during their career. The vast majority aren't worth the time it took to record them. The ones I tend to dislike most are those misguided attempts to "modernize" a classic song.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's always another "G" or "K" on the horizon. That's how they keep selling you new stuff.

I'm annoyed when clicking on the thread titles does not automatically take you to the newest post. Why is it necessary to manually click "jump to new"? This only seems to happen with some threads.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There may be 8K cable/satellite/streaming, but I’d be shocked if there’s 8K physical media.

I checked Best Buy online and they have 8K UHD TVs listed for as much as $4000. Unbelievable. And I got a TCL 4K UhD and Panasonic 4K UHD player on sale. They arrive tomorrow. Technology is in the endzone and I’m at the 50 yard line apparently lol

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I checked Best Buy online and they have 8K UHD TVs listed for as much as $4000. Unbelievable. And I got a TCL 4K UhD and Panasonic 4K UHD player on sale. They arrive tomorrow. Technology is in the endzone and I’m at the 50 yard line apparently lol
Do you remember what the screen size is of the 8K TVs? I can’t imagine there’s a night/day difference between 4K and 8K on a 65” display.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m annoyed by Fed Ex. I work customer service from home due to Covid. I’m attached to a phone and can’t get up and walk away from the desk. My brand new 50 inch Flat screen tv was set to arrive today. About 2 hours ago, the door bell rings at my house. My mom answered. Turns out my next door neighbor was at the door to bring my new TV inside our house. My neighbor told mom that he was outside bringing his dog inside because it’s raining. He sees the fed ex driver just leaving my tv on the porch and leaving. So the fed ex guy didn’t even ring the doorbell. I get that they don’t stand there and wait. But not even ringing the bell??

If my neighbor hadn’t seen them bring it and come over immediately, my tv would have just gotten rained on.

As it is, I’m not going to open it til Friday when I’m off work. But if it’s damaged I’m going to be unhappy

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’m annoyed by Fed Ex. I work customer service from home due to Covid. I’m attached to a phone and can’t get up and walk away from the desk. My brand new 50 inch Flat screen tv was set to arrive today. About 2 hours ago, the door bell rings at my house. My mom answered. Turns out my next door neighbor was at the door to bring my new TV inside our house. My neighbor told mom that he was outside bringing his dog inside because it’s raining. He sees the fed ex driver just leaving my tv on the porch and leaving. So the fed ex guy didn’t even ring the doorbell. I get that they don’t stand there and wait. But not even ringing the bell??

If my neighbor hadn’t seen them bring it and come over immediately, my tv would have just gotten rained on.

As it is, I’m not going to open it til Friday when I’m off work. But if it’s damaged I’m going to be unhappy
That's pretty dumb on FedEx's part but in the end, at least you got the thing inside.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm impressed they showed up at all. When I was waiting on a replacement amp for my sub I got a text that delivery failed because homeowner wasn't home. But I was, and so were my dogs. Of course it was a Friday so I had to wait all through the weekend for it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
FedEx just makes crap up so they can get out of doing their work. I had one package delayed before Christmas due to "weather in your area." The package had been loaded on the truck that morning, was out for delivery, and there was no "weather" in my area. The guy probably just wanted to leave work early.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
FedEx just makes crap up so they can get out of doing their work. I had one package delayed before Christmas due to "weather in your area." The package had been loaded on the truck that morning, was out for delivery, and there was no "weather" in my area. The guy probably just wanted to leave work early.
For which I believe he should have been fired, or at least severely reprimanded.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My city has an electronic sign in the downtown area that they usually use to promote local events. Now that there are few events going on, they've taken to placing quippy sayings on the board (like on the highway signs previously discussed here).

Seen today: "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours." :rolleyes:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've been told (by a guy who used to work for UPS) that FedEx drivers are "contract" and don't *have* to deliver what's on the truck that exact day but can wait until they're in the area for other deliveries or just when it suits them, just as long as it's delivered in a "reasonable" amount of time. That means if the driver wants to go home early they just mark undelivered packages as delayed or other and go home, doing those the next day or later.

I think that sounds somewhat fishy and can't imagine that's truly how FedEx handles things but it *does* explain some of the odd delays I've seen with non-overnight FedEx deliveries.

I recently signed up on their site to set a "vacation delay" on a package that shipped sooner than I expected and would have arrived a couple of days before we returned home from Christmas at my son's house. I'd set it for delivery to resume yesterday but turned it off Monday when we arrived home. Packages sent *after* the delay was put in place and in transit when it was removed are scheduled to arrive today but that one, even though it's been in the local FedEx warehouse since last Saturday, won't be delivered until this Saturday.

In spite of that delivery oddness I typically receive packages from FedEx in much better condition than from UPS. Even UPS Mail Innovations packages generally arrive in better condition than those delivered solely by UPS. BUT - For strictly UPS deliveries they're more on time than either FedEx or the USPS.

What annoys me about UPS Mail Innovations is they'll sometimes tag those deliveries with "We'll be in your area so we will do the delivery." which means it has a higher likelyhood of damage (smaller packages sometimes look like they were used for "warehouse hockey") *and* will arrive later, by as much as a day, than it would have if it'd just been transferred to the USPS as originally intended. That happens far more often during the period between Halloween and Christmas than other times of the year.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I've been told (by a guy who used to work for UPS) that FedEx drivers are "contract" and don't *have* to deliver what's on the truck that exact day but can wait until they're in the area for other deliveries or just when it suits them, just as long as it's delivered in a "reasonable" amount of time.

I usually suspect the delivery drivers are on contract, if they're driving a non-company vehicle to make their deliveries. Typically somebody's own suv or car with a large trunk space, which can carry a hundred or more small packages.

I'm guessing it is the contract driver's own car, since I have had many deliveries from the same several delivery persons
where I noticed the respective car model is specific to that particular driver. (Usually I was outside doing some
gardening or landscaping during the summer/fall months this past year).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And... that "Vacation delay" I cancelled on Monday? It's now impacting *all* incoming FedEx packages. The 2 that *were* scheduled to be delivered today are now being held until Saturday! Considering I lifted the "Vacation delay" Monday afternoon you'd expect all of them to arrive today. Absolutely brain dead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks