What's new

what about metalgear and silent hill movie? (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
A CG MGS (with Hayter's voice) would probably be the best way to go about it.
Ohhh, I'd hate to see that. Maybe this is just my opinion as an animator, but it bugs me when CG is used when it doesn't need to be. CG is a wonderfull tool, but just because it's the flavour of the month doesn't mean it should replace traditional animation. Anyways, We've all seen how popular CG films done with the realistic style of MGS have been. Poor final fantasy, an excellent film that couldn't escape it's own look.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
CG is a wonderfull tool, but just because it's the flavour of the month doesn't mean it should replace traditional animation. Anyways, We've all seen how popular CG films done with the realistic style of MGS have been. Poor final fantasy, an excellent film that couldn't escape it's own look
I think this would be the best way because they would have total control over EVERYTHING. They could also use the original voices.

The things I'm mainly worried about are how the characters will look. Ocelot has that little mustache, and that won't translate into real life without looking cheesy instead of bad ass. In CG, it could still look badass, but only if done right.

If anything, they should just make a movie with the videogame's graphics. Make the first movie on the PSX, the second on the PS2. That would be funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks