What's new

What about "Fame" (1 Viewer)

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Haven't seen anyone asking about one of my favorite eighties TV shows, "Fame".

Is it too much to hope for a DVD release? Too complicated music rights, perhaps?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
MGM/Sony holds the rights. Because the show was still in production at Metro at the time of the Turner acquisition of the studio, and still in production when he sold it back to Kirk Kerkorian, they got the rights to the series.

Which means it would be released by the dreaded Sony.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
A little birdie tells me Fame Season 1 is in the works from MGM. Possibly out by November 1. Let's hope it is the 80s one and not 2003, lol.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I remember seeing on Lee Currare's web site (forgive the spelling, but he played Bruno in the film and series) that the show was in the pipeline for DVD release. But that's got to be a year or more ago.

I would buy this show, no hesitation. Great stuff, great music. In its time, a phenomenon, too.

StacyV

Second Unit

I share your sentiments. This is number one on my anticipated list and I'd be estactic to see season sets of Fame released. The series remained high quality as a first run syndicated show even after NBC booted it.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
"Fame: Season 1" will be released on 11/1/2005, according to information I have obtained. It is a 4 disc set, with a suggested price of $49.95. The studio is Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

(Until this title is announced by the studio, the date could still change.)

StacyV

Second Unit

"You got big dreams? You want fame? Well Fame costs, and right here's where you start paying...$49.95 SRP!!"

Did the information you obtained include any news on bonus features and that all of the original music remains intact?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks