Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

– Mad Max: Fury Road – 2015

– Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me – 2014

– Boulevard – 2014

– Mickey Rourke & company (Francesca – 1989)

– Gemma Bovary – 2014

– The D Train – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
7 Minutes   $14.99
Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters Collection $13.75
Alpha and Omega: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave   $9.99
Army Of Frankensteins   $14.93
Avalanche Sharks   $12.99
Backcountry   $9.98
Bessie   $12.99
Black Jesus:  Season One     $18.79
Blood Lands, The   $9.99
Boulevard   $9.88 $9.99
Broken Horses   $19.98
Castle:  The Complete Seventh Season     $29.98 $29.99
Chicago Fire: Season Three   $24.99 $24.99
Chicago P.D.: Season Two   $24.99
Curse of Downers Grove, The   $9.88
D Train, The   $12.96
Dark Star: H.R. Giger's World   $19.99
Decent One, The   $19.99
Dior & I   $22.96
Exeter   $13.44
Extinction   $22.94
Felt   $14.99
Glen Campbell... I'll Be Me   $19.99
Good Kill   $12.96
Hangar 10   $24.98
Harlem Street Singer - Rev. Gary Davis Story (Sept. 4 Release) $25.98
Harvest, The [2015]   $14.93
Hawaii Five-0:  The 5th Season      $29.99 $29.99
Hell's Kitchen:  Season 12: Raw and Uncensored     $26.67
Hopalong Cassidy: Ultimate Collector's Edition $49.99
 I Am Dale Earnhardt   $12.73
I'll See You in My Dreams   $19.40
In Stereo   $19.99
Lawless Kingdom   $13.98
League, The:  Complete Season Six      $17.99
Lords of London   $13.98
Lost After Dark   $7.88
Mad Max: Fury Road   $14.99 $14.99 $16.99
Madam Secretary:  Season 1      $34.98 $27.99
Mystery Science Theater 3000 [Volume 1]   $34.98
Nashville:  The Complete 3rd Season   $32.98
New Girl:  The Complete 4th Season     $29.95
Originals, The:  Complete Second Season     $22.99 $22.99
Panic 5 Bravo   $9.99
Para Elisa   $24.98
Peter Pan (Mary Martin) (September 4th Release) $17.99
Redeemer   $19.99
Scorpion:  Season 1     $33.47 $27.99
Star Wars Rebels:  Season One     $26.99 $26.99 $24.99
Surface, The   $9.99
Texas Rising   $14.99 $14.99
Treachery   $12.99
Vampire Diaries, The:  Complete 6th Season     $24.99 $24.99 $29.99
Wolf Warrior   $14.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
7 Minutes    $17.99
Army Of Frankensteins    $17.97
Backcountry    $22.47
Bessie    $17.98
Blood Lands, The    $17.99
Boulevard    $9.99
Curse of Downers Grove, The    $9.99
D Train, The    $35.99
Face of an Angel    $24.98
Francesco    $34.95
Gemma Bovery    $34.95
Good Kill    $18.96
Harvest, The [2015]    $22.47
I'll See You in My Dreams    $24.94
Lost After Dark    $9.99
Mad Max: Anthology    $49.99 $49.99
Mad Max: Fury Road [Blu-ray 3-D]   $27.99 $27.99 $27.99
Mad Max: Fury Road    $19.99 $19.99 $22.99
Originals, The:  Complete Second Season      $37.29 $27.99
Peter Pan (Mary Martin) (September 4th Release) $31.46
Redeemer    $9.99
Scorpion:  Season 1      $39.98
Star Wars Rebels:  Season One      $32.99 $32.99 $29.99
Steven Seagal: 8-Movie Action Collection    $12.99
Texas Rising    $20.68 $19.99
Vampire Diaries, The:  Complete 6th Season      $29.99 $29.99 $34.99
Wolf Warrior    $12.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with their Blu copies of Mad Max: Fury Road.   

--Best Buy also is still running its TV seasons/Giftcard promotion.  Get a FREE $10 BB GIFTCARD when you spend $50 on SELECT TV seasons...or a FREE $25 BB GIFTCARD when you spend $100.  For additional titles (besides those listed in the grid--and here--) visit BestBuy.com/FallTVShows:  Chicago Fire: Season 2 $24.99/DVD; Castle: Season 6 $19.99/DVD; Hawaii 5-0: Season 4 $14.99/DVD.

--The following Blu-ray releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$7.99:  Pulp Fiction, The Wolverine, Mallrats, Dazed & Confused (60 additional titles from which to choose).

$14.99:  The Spongebob Movie, Kingsman: Secret Service, Interstellar (50 additional titles from which to choose).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of Mad Max: Fury Road.  Includes 64-page comic book.  

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE with their DVD copies of Madam Secretary: Season 1.  However, the ad doesn't explain what the exclusive is.  It just advertises a DVD & HD digital copy (the same thing available on Amazon).

--Target is also adverising an EXCLUSIVE with their release of Scorpion: Season  1.  Guess what?  They don't say what that exclusive is.  

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another early bird special, Mike! Good job!

I have already reviewed Scorpion: Season One. That review can be found here.

I'm on episode 17 (of 23) for Castle, so that review should be up late tonight or tomorrow..

I was informed by Disney that I'd be getting Star Wars Rebels: Season One, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Definitely will be buying Mad Max: Fury Road 3D though I have no time to watch it at the moment!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Mad Max Fury Road..best film of the year so far for me. Can't wait to fire up those engines.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
Another early bird special, Mike! Good job!

I have already reviewed Scorpion: Season One. That review can be found here.

I'm on episode 17 (of 23) for Castle, so that review should be up late tonight or tomorrow..

I was informed by Disney that I'd be getting Star Wars Rebels: Season One, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Definitely will be buying Mad Max: Fury Road 3D though I have no time to watch it at the moment!
I'm going to wait until Christmas time to see if some Black Friday sale has it at a reduced price point.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks very much for your work, Mike, but nothing for me this week. I'd like to see the Glenn Campbell film, but have no interest in blind-buying it. Nashville season 3 is a possibility after a significant price drop, but I'm not paying that much for it by any means.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can give a big thumbs up to I'll Be Me.

It is great for both long time Glen Campbell fans and for people who are dealing--in any way--with Alzheimer's disease.

Very much worthwhile. In fact, I wish it was being released in Blu.

It is the only thing I have pre-ordered for this week. I'll be picking up the 2-D Mad Max sometime down the road.

Hank_P

Second Unit
Thanks for the list. Can't just pull the trigger on the 3D Mad Max yet. Hopefully it drops around the holidays.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not a thing this week. That's most likely good since we're paying for a weekend Vegas trip and saving for both Disneyland in October and New Orleans at Christmas.

Thanks Mike!!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
That still image from Gemma Bovary is just perfect for a 'Caption this Picture' contest! :lol:

"You see Ken, if you press Barbie here she'll ask for a tour of the Dreamhouse and ask Midge to move into the guest Bedroom"

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hmmm.

The page on Amazon for Glenn Campbell, as linked in the grid, now says, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Mike Frezon said:
It is the only thing I have pre-ordered for this week. I'll be picking up the 2-D Mad Max sometime down the road.

Since you are a Prime member, I suspect yours should have entered the shipping process, or been shipped, at this point in order to get it by Tuesday.

Have you received any sort of notification that your order is NOT going through?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Hmmm.

The page on Amazon for Glenn Campbell, as linked in the grid, now says, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Since you are a Prime member, I suspect yours should have entered the shipping process, or been shipped, at this point in order to get it by Tuesday.

Have you received any sort of notification that your order is NOT going through?

Shoot.

I THOUGHT it was. I got one of those e-mails that Item XYZ...and one more item have been shipped. I assumed the Campbell disc was the "one more item." But it's not.

My pre-order...made all the way back on June 8th...remains open. The price has dropped to $17.99...but says"we need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate." :(

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know if any retailers are offering digital copies with the Mad Max Anthology release? It's a must buy since I never picked up any of the earlier Mad Max Trilogy releases, but the only bummer is no digital copy.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wanted to pick up the Mad Max anthology collection, but I really want Fury Road in 3D so I guess I'll pick it up instead.

I am also getting Army of Frankensteins. It's a truly independent film that was done on a five-figure budget in Oklahoma. The director is a great guy who works at an advertising agency. It was an incredibly small team who did all of the effects work. It did well on the film festival circuit and It's really cool to see that it is getting released around the world on Blu-ray and DVD. It's not typically my type of movie, but it is campy, gory, time-travel fun if you're into that kind of thing. And yes, they address the fact that it's supposed to be Frankenstein's monster.

Here is a random review if you want to know more about it: http://horrornews.net/101355/film-review-army-of-frankensteins-2013/

Thanks, as always, for the RoundUp, Mike!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks