What's new

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well,I gloated about receiving Silk Stockings already (from B&N), so this is my punishment.

With the last several titles, it appears that WAC has begun using MSRD - Manufacturers Suggested Release Date

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was supposed to receive all three Warner 4K titles for review this week, but so far they are a no-show.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My copy of To Have and Have Not arrived yesterday from bestbuy.com. $17.99
I ordered Silk Stockings from bb.com Sunday, $17.99, shipped today.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Odd experience with Best Buy today. Before I left for work this morning, I went on BestBuy.com and ordered "Orphan Black" Season 4 and "The Magicians" Season 1 on Blu-Ray for store pickup. The confirmation email came at 8:13 AM. Normally it never takes more than an hour or so for the Order Ready email to hit my inbox.

But come 4 PM, still no Order Ready email. So I call up my local store and one of the customer service people looks up my order and confirms that it hasn't been retrieved yet. Apparently the warehouse guys in the back fulfill the in-store pickup orders when they're not unloading trucks and breaking down pallets, and today they were swamped for whatever reason.

I had some other shopping I needed to do, so I decided to head over to the mall anyway. I figured, worst come to worst, I could just grab the titles off of the shelves myself and ask customer service to cancel the in-store pickup order. But, sure enough, after parking at Best Buy I check my email and the Order Ready email arrived minutes earlier, at 5:34 PM. I head to the online order pickup spot, and the lines all jammed up.

Apparently their whole computer system went down, so they were recording all of the Order Pickup transactions using printed ledger sheets. Once it was my turn, they wrote out each item as a line on the ledger sheet, and then had me sign on the bottom to confirm that I had taken possession of the item.

All's well that ends well, and there wasn't really any serious inconvenience. It was just really bizarre, from beginning to end.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll be getting To Have and Have Not along with Batman v Superman. I found the theatrical cut to be a troubled, but fascinating movie. While I know it can't resolve all the issues with the movie, I'm looking forward to seeing the longer version. I just haven't decided whether to buy the 3D version or the 4K version for future proofing.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
To those who have NOT received To Have and to Have Not ... my last B&N shipment came and it included ...
tumblr_mo0j5wrxLY1qa6obyo1_1280.jpg

;)

"There are some who say he’s coming back and we have only to wait ...
There are some who say he burst up there because ball was not meant to fly ...
And there are some who maintain he landed safely in a place where balls bounce high ..
."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had a frustrating chat tonight with an Amazon rep.

Release date was July 19. My "orders" page now says I'll get it by July 27th.

But my Amazon rep said when I pre-ordered it, the delivery date on my checkout page was "unknown."

He even admitted that the release date of July 19th was showing on the product page when I pre-ordered. But in his mind, the order is not late because it was neither delayed in the mail nor was the delivery date changed.

Has anyone else received a copy via Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks