What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-16-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
By the way Patrick, I've noticed this in the past couple of weeks in your sale listings, it's Benjamin Button, were not talking Red Buttons here ;)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Just the Stooges for me this week. There was a Sunday coupon insert from Sony last week and there was a $3 off coupon for any Stooge set in it, so under $15 will be a great price.

Also, I went to Target Sunday to get my $6 back for buying Gran Torino last week when it was released. Silly me, thinking it would be cheaper on the first week of release!! Just glad I kept my receipt.

--John

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Something I will definitely pick up tomorrow from Amazon (unless BB or Target get it in) is "Chess: Live in Concert". It's the musical that Bjorn and Benny from ABBA wrote with Tim Rice about twenty years ago and includes "One Night In Bangkok", "Heaven Help My Heart" and "I Know Him So Well". This version stars Josh Groban and IIdina Menzel with the London Symphony Orchestra.
Amazon.com: Chess in Concert: Josh Groban, Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal, David Bedella, Hugh Wooldridge: Movies & TV
There's also a single CD highlights version Amazon.com: Highlights From Chess in Concert: Josh Groban, Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal: Music and the full 2 disc version Amazon.com: Chess in Concert (2 CD): Josh Groban, Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal: Music

Target has the CDs in their ad, so I'm hoping the DVD will be available too.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I can't figure out what I'm going to pick up this week. Too many good choices and I can't get them all at once. I'd really like to get Burn Notice, Lost, Ghostbusters and The Seventh Seal, but not all this week. There are some others I'll probably grab at some point in the future.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Amazon has a sale where if you buy two Lost Blu-ray sets, you get $20 off ($30 off if you buy 3 and $40 off if you buy all 4) the total so you can S1 and S2 for $78. The coupon code is 'LOSTBLUS' and I think it ends in mid-July but don't quote me on that end date.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I got the shipping confirm from Amazon a little bit ago. S1 and S2 for $63.98.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Just snagged Gran Torino at Target for only 10.00. Only a couple left!
They're going FAST!!!!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Thanks for the reminder. I'd probably jump right away if I could match Jason_V's price. I think you're right about the end date, but I'll double check it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I forgot earlier but there's supposed to be a $20 mail-in rebate too if you have the DVD (you send in the receipt for the Blu-ray and the proof of purchase from the DVD). I'd guess that it's one rebate per person (so you can't get $40 off for both S1 and S2) but that gets it down even more.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'm confused. These are listed for $48.99 ea. minus $20. Isn't that more like $77 and change? Is there another discount code floating around?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I pre-ordered mine back at the end of March when the sets were originally announced. Season One is $49; Season Two is $35. Subtotal is $83.98, then take off $20.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I actually sold mine when the BD's were announced. IIRC, I think I actually made money on this whole transaction. ;)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
A little OT because its a game (but is tied to a movie) - for anyone looking at the Ghostbusters game released today, the TRU $20 giftcard with purchase offer has two caveats: 1. The giftcard expires on 7/31 and 2. It doesn't go live until 6 hours after activation. So if you're planning on using the gift card right away for another purchase, you'll have to make another trip to the store.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Fry's currently has Ghostbusters Blu-ray for $18.99 plus you get a $5 Fry's gift card..combine it w/ the Ghostbusters Blu-ray $5-off coupon and you have a decent deal IMHO.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

That's for the DVD, correct?

I preordered my GT BD from WBShop.com a while ago when they had a buy-2-get-1-free deal (combined w/ their typical 20% off discount and free shipping). I think the net cost ended up being ~$15 (plus tax) for me.

_Man_

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven

The concert video will be broadcast on PBS stations on June 20th, at least on the Nashville, TN affiliate--check local listings for your area.

I can't wait! One of my favorite musicals. I hope they do the London "concept album" versions of the songs. I never liked the changes made to some of the musical arrangements and a few lines of lyrics when they mounted a production of it later on Broadway.

Oh, and not to nitpick, but the concert will feature the City of London Philharmonic Orchestra, not the LSO as mentioned above...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks