What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-16-2009 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I ordered the DVD from Amazon today ($14.99). None at BB or Target and it was $19.99 at Barnes and Noble.

I did pick up the full 2 disc CD at Target ($16.99) over the highlights version. ($11.99)

I am only familiar with the original recording (Murray Head, etc.), but this is from the liner notes that Tim Rice did for the CD: "I have returned to the original album as the basis of what I hope will be the definitive version...Some songs and scenes that were added for the London...and Broadway stagings have been retained..."

There are about ten songs that I am unfamiliar with, but can't wait to hear them all!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My resolve for the week is fading fast. I ordered Ghostbusters and The Seventh Seal today. That should make for an interesting double feature some night.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just discovered on a thread in the Music folder: Nightwish "End of an Era" came out on Blu this week. $17.99 from Amazon. Dunno about B&M availability.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Just a "heads up" to anyone picking up the Lost (S1 & S2) Blu-rays at Best Buy this week. As Mike posted in the grid, the BestBuy.com price is $48.99, but the advertised B&M price (per their weekly circular) is $54.99. I had no problem price-matching both sets, but whenever the cashier applied the "$20 Off 2" offer, the system kept readjusting the price back up to $54.99 ea before taking the discount. It took a manager override, but I ultimately succeeded in getting the price-matches and the $20 Off discount.

Incredibly, the local BB had exactly ONE copy of each season in stock when I wandered in around 11:30 AM yesterday. You'd think that their inventory management system would automatically adjust to ensure proper stock of advertised "blast items." But apparently, that is not the case...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks Gary for that heads-up. Congrats to you for persevering.

BB has a long history of not always stocking their advertised items. :thumbsdown:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In case anyone's interested:

Best Buy has the first X Files movie on Blu for $14.99 (at least online) this week. I happened to be in Costco last night and they had a bundle of both flicks for $23.99. They were simply shrink wrapped together and not in the box BB tends to have on the shelf.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I caught bits of two different PBS broadcasts on Wednesday evening (Time-Warner in Racine carries all the Chicago and Milwaukee broadcast stations because we're smack dab in the middle of both cities) and my DVD arrived yesterday. Can't wait to watch the whole show.

2K Design

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Hi there folks, this may not be the appropriate place to post but I am looking to contact John Swarce. He/you have posted in this thread recently and I can't seem to find a way to contact you/him. He/you posted some time ago about removing a pole from the basement and I have a question regarding such. If anyone can help me find a way to make contact, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Keith: I'm not sure if you've got the "private message" function available to you since you currently only have one post on the forum. But I just PM'd John that you are looking for him and included a link to your post. Hope that works out.

Mike

2K Design

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Hi again, yeah I don't have the PM option yet. Thanks so much for passing my request along to him. I'm wanting to remove a pole in my basement to open up the space, his post some time ago was the same approach I wanted to take. I really appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Keith

John Swarce

Second Unit

Hi Keith! Just got my e-mail and saw your "post about the post". I don't want to hijack this thread, so if you want I can e-mail you anything you need to know. Just one thing...make sure you hire a structural engineer for a job like this!

--John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks