What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2015 (1 Viewer)

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
Mike Frezon said:
No. Not at all. And not even sure why you would think so...

:thumbs-up-smiley: I was half kidding/half just not sure since the original post was not updated (also, I cannot read tone in text) Thanks for the clarification! :3dglasses:

TonyD, on 24 Mar 2015 - 9:49 PM, said:

The Target CartWheel 10% discount on all movies is supposed to exclude Five Armies but Today it did allow the discount, might not tomorrow.
David Norman, on 24 Mar 2015 - 9:52 PM, said:

I can confirm as well - bought the 3D Target today with the CW discount.
Good day overall -- got this and confirmation of shipping on my last Twilight Time orders finally.

I second that confirmation: I just purchased the exclusive LEGO set today (Wednesday) and cartwheel discounted the price to $23.39, I have a REDcard so I also got 5% off that price ($22.22 before sales tax)

The cartwheel app did state "Excludes magazines and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies blu-ray & dvd" but I still tried it and it worked. Maybe it is only excluded on the regular $24.99 blu-ray/dvd combo and $14.99 dvd sets and not the 3D or LEGO ones?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I might try out the Cartwheel and RedCard discounts tonight on a 2-D Blu copy of The Hobbit.

I'll report back if I do.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I might try out the Cartwheel and RedCard discounts tonight on a 2-D Blu copy of The Hobbit.

Unless they updated the system since noon, it was still working on all versions of Hobbit.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
giphy.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:

David Norman said:
Unless they updated the system since noon, it was still working on all versions of Hobbit.

And it did.

It still seems like the price point of this title was still way too high (everywhere). But at least being able to get the 10% and 5% discounts took the sting out a little. It dropped the $24.99 price tag to $21.37.

It's rare that I just don't have Amazon deliver a title to me now.

The dumb thing is that the price will likely drop shortly and I still won't have watched this disc...even though I didn't get to the theater to see it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
And it did.

It still seems like the price point of this title was still way too high (everywhere). But at least being able to get the 10% and 5% discounts took the sting out a little. It dropped the $24.99 price tag to $21.37.

It's rare that I just don't have Amazon deliver a title to me now.

The dumb thing is that the price will likely drop shortly and I still won't have watched this disc...even though I didn't get to the theater to see it.

Depends on how shortly, but with the Redcard it does give a fairly long return period.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I decided when they first announced they were making the movie that I would await the inevitable three-movie set. :) (Although we did catch 'em all in the theater.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Aaron Silverman said:
I decided when they first announced they were making the movie that I would await the inevitable three-movie set. :) (Although we did catch 'em all in the theater.)

I've been purchasing the theatrical versions, but I've been putting off the extended editions in hopes that all three extended versions will be collected in a single set (maybe in 3D too).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I've been purchasing the theatrical versions, but I've been putting off the extended editions in hopes that all three extended versions will be collected in a single set (maybe in 3D too).

And THAT is exactly what I did with the LOTR films.

And even though the Hobbit films haven't captured my fancy nearly as much as LOTR, I'm sure the day will come when I see a deal just too good to pass up on the Blu Hobbit EE Trilogy box and pull the trigger. I just know it! :blush:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of course, with the LOTR films, New Line was kind enough to provide box set boxes to previous owners of the individual extended edition releases if you just paid a nominal shipping cost. I know this because I did it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Of course, with the LOTR films, New Line was kind enough to provide box set boxes to previous owners of the individual extended edition releases if you just paid a nominal shipping cost. I know this because I did it.

I know they did that with the DVDs since I remember ordering it, but did it happen with the BD's as well? I can't remember since I got the full extended boxset when the Blus came out

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
David Norman said:
I know they did that with the DVDs since I remember ordering it, but did it happen with the BD's as well? I can't remember since I got the full extended boxset when the Blus came out

I don't think so for the exact reason you stated. The Blu-ray was released as a single set from the beginning. My point, though, is that it might not be unreasonable to expect WB to do the same thing for anyone who bought the extended Blu-rays individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks