What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Greg, Prestige is my second favorite movie of the year. I loved loved loved it. You can't go wrong.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Several new unadvertised titles at Target that I saw tonight:
Dark Castle Horror Collection: $29.99!!! WAY cheaper than the other B&M's
Night of the Living Dorks: $14.99
Open Water 2: $19.99
For Your Consideration: $16.99 (I think)

Thought that the exclusive cover for Flushed Away was kinda cool...it's NOT lenticular (like most of Target's exclusive covers) but a clear plastic case with blue water inside that represents the water in the toilet. Very similar to the limited edition Saw packaging that was filled with "blood".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I wonder how the whole "lenticular" thing even got started. I read that in a number of forums...but the Target ad never used the word "lenticular"...so I figured why climb out on a limb when you don't have to...even if Target had featured lenticular covers in the past. Guess that's the reporter in me. I wonder who was the first to start that?

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
The box says Shut Up and Dance has been modified from its original presentation. However it appears it was sourced from video according to IMDB and a DVD review. Can anyone confirm that this DVD is in the proper aspect ratio?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Anyone looking to purchase Penn & Teller: Bullshit! - The Complete Fourth Season this week might want to stop into their local FYE store. I bought it there yesterday and it rang-up at $19.99 (it had a $26.99 sticker). Their website says $24.99, so it must be the in-store sale price for this week.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Mike and Patrick,

As always, very much appreciated! Incidentally, the version of RAY that Circuit City is selling for $9.99 is the 2-disc edition.

Jay

Jay*W

Second Unit

Mike,

Glad to help! It may well be a YMMV deal. I would not have known that it was the 2-disc version without picking it up and shaking it gently. Neither the spine nor the cover indicated that it was 2 discs. However, all of the copies in the bin sounded the same when shaken gently.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks