What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-1-2011 (2 Viewers)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by David Norman

Alice In Wonderland $10 Coupon at disneymovierewards.com seems to be fixed.

Confirmed. I was unable to print it last night or this morning, but it just now printed without incident.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy had Manchurian Candidate in Blu for $9.99, so I definitely picked it up. (Didn't think that one was coming till May, but I'm not complaining). However they didn't have any of the four titles pictured in today's circular, so go figure.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Printed out my Alice coupon tonight. Getting a Disney animated title on Blu-Ray for only ten bucks is a tremendous deal (I was expecting the usual $29.99 price at BB).

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers
Originally Posted by Jeff-Wooten

My local Best Buy had Manchurian Candidate in Blu for $9.99, so I definitely picked it up. (Didn't think that one was coming till May, but I'm not complaining). However they didn't have any of the four titles pictured in today's circular, so go figure.

Same here and I also picked up the original Thomas Crown Affair too. Apparently Best Buy broke their release date for the exclusives. I believe Best Buy was originally going to release The Manchurian Candidate in May but moved it to Feburary 1st. Grain is intact on both but it seems the transfer comes from the same source as the recent DVD releases for both which means there is still some print damage but its not a problem in my opinion. Both have AVC transfers at pretty high bitrates, and both have DTS HD master audio, 5.1 for The Manchurian Candidate and 1.0 mono for The Thomas Crown Affair, however there is not an option for the original mono for The Manchurian Candidate. Really good releases in my opinion.

timmytimmy

Grip
Real Name
Tim
Originally Posted by Will_B

Mike I know you've considered adding Ultimate Electronics to the roundup, but it looks like you needn't bother -- they're filing for bankruptcy again:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17216957

Mike outlasted another store! What retailer will be next to fall?

The Best Buy exclusive prices looks pretty good, I will have to swing by and see what's available. And the price on Monsters looks great as well... worth a blind buy?

Thanks for your hard work and perseverance through your cold, we all love the results!

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by ScottJH

Also posted this in the HD bargin thread. BestBuy.com has Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Expendables & the 2 disc version of Apocalypse Now for $9.99 each. Lowest they have ever been. Amazon price match will probably soon follow.

The prices on those were now $12.99 this morning.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Amazon currently lists Expendables for $14.99, Mr. Fox for $12.99, and the 2-disc Apocalypse Now not at all.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Bummer, I checked the Best Buy website yesterday and they were $9.99. I was going to drop by Best Buy today, but I guess I missed out! Well I noticed Amazon has price-matched the $12.99. Maybe the $9.99 yesterday was a mistake on the website?

Originally Posted by ScottJH

Also posted this in the HD bargin thread. BestBuy.com has Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Expendables & the 2 disc version of Apocalypse Now for $9.99 each. Lowest they have ever been. Amazon price match will probably soon follow.

The prices on those were now $12.99 this morning.
[/QUOTE]

S

sf781

Originally Posted by JoeBond

Same here and I also picked up the original Thomas Crown Affair too. Apparently Best Buy broke their release date for the exclusives. I believe Best Buy was originally going to release The Manchurian Candidate in May but moved it to Feburary 1st. Grain is intact on both but it seems the transfer comes from the same source as the recent DVD releases for both which means there is still some print damage but its not a problem in my opinion. Both have AVC transfers at pretty high bitrates, and both have DTS HD master audio, 5.1 for The Manchurian Candidate and 1.0 mono for The Thomas Crown Affair, however there is not an option for the original mono for The Manchurian Candidate. Really good releases in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I also picked up Manchurian Candidate as well as Dead Man Walking at BB Sunday morning when I picked up Almost Famous. Dead Man Walking looked pretty solid PQ-wise as well. And for ten bucks each for the MGM titles, you really can't go wrong. I was hoping that Out of Sight may have been put out early, but alas another trip is in store to BB Tuesday morning.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So many movies this week I would buy.
I guess i'll keep it to at least these...

Almost Famous

Long Kiss Goodnight

Heavy Metal

Alice

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's kind of unclear -- are you supposed to enter the UPC code from one of the other movies, or the DMR code?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... Apparently, quite a few of those new BB BD exclusives are priced at $9.99 (according to their site).

Guess I'll probably go pick up the AiW BD Combo (w/ DMR coupon) + the Dead Man Walking BD then.

Was going to cancel my Amazon preorder of the BDs for Pleasantville and You've Got Mail (and just get them later), but was too late at it. Oh well...

_Man_

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Sad news. My local Best Buy would not accept the Disney Coupon off of the $19.99 sale price. I am going to try another Best Buy, as I know management practices differ. Has anyone else had this happen?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... Did you need to get the BB store to do a pricematch against their web site for that $19.99 price? BB seems to have some sort of policy to not allow use of coupons when doing a pricematch even if it's just a match against their own website (or at least that seems to be how many BB employees tend to interpret that).

OR did you do an in-store pickup for an online order perhaps?

I've never had a problem using coupons at BB as long as I didn't need to do any kind of pricematch *nor* do an in-store pickup for an online order.

_Man_

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TravisR

It's kind of unclear -- are you supposed to enter the UPC code from one of the other movies, or the DMR code?

Eventhough it doesn't look like you should, I entered the UPC code and got the coupon.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right! My problem was that I was entering the wrong code. I'm afraid their site is right confusing!!

Gary Neuwirth

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

Sad news. My local Best Buy would not accept the Disney Coupon off of the $19.99 sale price. I am going to try another Best Buy, as I know management practices differ. Has anyone else had this happen?

I didn't have any problem...clerk rang it up and I handed the coupon. Only saw a few Alice Blurays in the store --- no big display at all. That was kind of weird for a Disney title. Zero Heavy Metal Blurays in the store too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks