What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-12-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Dear god, man...you're forgetting about The New Adventures of He-Man Volume 1 that comes out 12-26! That in and of itself should be a national holiday! :)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

Definites:
Talladega Nights
World Trade Center

Considering:
Chronicles of Narnia: Extended Edition (4-disc) (I thought I read somewhere that there is a $10 mail-in rebate enclosed with this version if you purchased the previous version. Can anyone confirm this?)
Devil Wears Prada
Material Girls (Though with 3 pre-teen & teen girls in the house, and this movie starring the Duff sisters, this one will probably move to the Definite list pretty quick).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A HUGE reason I don't understand why every studio insists on getting their big titles into stores before Christmas, and everything dries up after.

Gift cards are a big business. I'd imagine a good many of those cards will be spent on DVD's and music. Why not put out a big new release after Christmas? I can't believe sales would suffer at all, and might even be better as the disposable money/store credit burns a hole in everyone's pocket.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone actually seen the World Trade Center situation at Target?

I'm just a little confused about their exclusive Deluxe Edition. Is it a unique second disc added to the 1-disc version of the film? Is it a third disc added to the 2-disc version? Both? Is it just extra content to the existing second disc of the 2-disc version?

HELP! :D

daddymention

Agent
Real Name
David
Circuit City had Gomer Pyle for $29.99, not the $34.99 that was listed. It has a regular price sticker on the front--indicating that this is the regular price.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Mike, from another forum it appears that Target's WTC is a third disc added to the 2-disc version.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The third disc at Target is 75mins of interviews with survivors and families, IIRC.
Target also is selling both the Blu-Ray and HD versions of WTC for $29.99 each.
They also had the Narnia 4-disc set for $39.99, along with The Doors for $14.99.

Ooops, forgot to mention Master Of Horror for $9.99 and Mozart the Whale (???) for $19.99!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not that it really matters but the World Trade Center bonus disc from Target lists its runtime at 27 minutes.

EDIT: Oops. Just double checked and it's 27 interviews at 77 minutes long. Some day I plan to learn to read. :)

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson

Thanks Mike,i think i will take a trip to BB 2morrow after work to see if they have it,they did this same mix up with The Batman and Teen Titans seasons 2.

Thanks again buddy!

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel

i wonder if they will start adding the bonus disks to blue ray or hd? or have they done that already.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the hd dvd of sky captain includes the walmart bonus features.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's interesting, Tony.

All HD-DVD copies? Or, just the ones sold at Wal-Mart? (Not that I think W-M is even selling HD software yet. If they are, I haven't seen it.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
all

from hidefdigest.com

" Rounding out the extras is a "bonus" featurette, "Anatomy of a Virtual Scene." This was originally available only as part of a special Paramount bonus disc promotion with Best Buy, and the full eight-minute vignette is included here. It doesn't add to much after all the other extras, but it does prove how boring it must be for an actor to sit in front of a blue screen all day, spouting lines."

that says bestbuy but i thought it was from walmart.
doesnt matter really were just that its on the hd dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks