What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-10-2013 (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Thanks. I'll keep my order with Amazon and save the trip and the tax. Price went down to $24.99.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have to say, I am constantly amazed at Amazon customer service.

I cancelled my Mary Poppins pre-order on Saturday night, ostensibly because I "didn't need it." (Translation: I was spending a boat load of money wrapping up Christmas and thought "better" of it.)

Then I rethought the cancellation. Within an hour of sending the e-mail, I had a course of action from Amazon...on a Sunday. Not only did they allow me to use the $5 coupon again, but they also wanted to upgrade me to one day shipping. (I'm a Prime customer and MP doesn't come out until tomorrow, so...)

In any event, this is one of the reasons I prefer to do any internet shopping with them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Agreed, Jason.

The only part of that story I just don't understand, though, is the part about "not needing" Mary Poppins.

confused-smiley-004.gif

Then I rethought the cancellation.
I guess we could call that "non-buyer's remorse." :biggrin:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
With the amount of stuff I've bought in the last week or so...yeah, I thought I needed to make some strategic decisions. It was a terrible decision I regretted almost immediately. The moral? Don't shop at midnight.

I love the non-buyer's remorse, Mike. That's exactly what it was. :blush:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I too cancelled Mary Poppins last week and I had the coupon. If I knew the movie money was included, I'd reorder from Amazon. Does anyone know for sure that its included with the Amazon disc?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny: I can't say absolutely for sure (because I haven't seen it)...but the way the Best Buy ad is worded, there is no talk of an exclusive. It would make a LOT of sense for Disney to use such a coupon to push sales of the disc and, by extension, increase interest in the new film.

My bet is the movie money is in all copies of the Blu.

We will know for sure tomorrow when the discs hit our mailboxes from Amazon. If no one beats me to it (and I bet someone will), I will report here tomorrow night after I open the package after work.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
With the amount of stuff I've bought in the last week or so...yeah, I thought I needed to make some strategic decisions. It was a terrible decision I regretted almost immediately.
I so totally understand what you're talking about.

But it's Mary-freakin'-Poppins, man! :laugh: I have tried to be so selective with my purchases lately (not to say I've been completely successful). But Mary Poppins is a disc I pre-ordered at a $32.96 price point...figuring that even if I didn't benefit from the expected competitive price drop...it's okay because that's a Blu that needs to be in my collection. A must-must have.

[Hence your immediate decision to re-think your actions. :biggrin: ]

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm trying to be better...but holy cow. It seems like I'm dropping $500 a weekend these days. Not that $20 is going to make a heck of a difference, but ya know...

I assume I'll get the disc tomorrow when I get home, so I'll know about the Movie Money then. (Saving Mr. Banks, btw, really good movie. We saw it last week.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw Mary Poppins on the shelf at Best Buy yesterday. Did they have some early release exclusive?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I assume that "Specially Marked Packages" of the F&F6 steelbook, marked with CinemaNow credit, are what are exclusive to BB.

I will buy Mary Poppins at Costco a year from now for $12.99. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Mike Frezon said:
Johnny: I can't say absolutely for sure (because I haven't seen it)...but the way the Best Buy ad is worded, there is no talk of an exclusive. It would make a LOT of sense for Disney to use such a coupon to push sales of the disc and, by extension, increase interest in the new film. My bet is the movie money is in all copies of the Blu. We will know for sure tomorrow when the discs hit our mailboxes from Amazon. If no one beats me to it (and I bet someone will), I will report here tomorrow night after I open the package after work.
I was at WM today and the MP discs on the shelf made no mention of any kind of movie money.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Target also has a second Wizard of Oz exclusive. This one included a hardcover book that looks like a small version of the one in the box set

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Did anybody else get Poppins from Best Buy for the movie cash? Mine came with two inserts (one for movie cash and one for rewards points/Digital copy), however the insert for the rewards points/digital copy didn't have a code printed on it - it was just blank space where the code should be. The code on the movie cash insert only worked for giving me the movie cash, it didn't work for points or digital copy. Was the second code missing in mine, or was the one code supposed to work for both? I've contacted Disney customer service and hopefully they will fix it for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm really bummed because I didn't get my Mary Poppins from Amazon today. :blush:

They adjusted my order in terms of the price drop ($19.99 including the coupon). But they also now have my estimated delivery as tomorrow. I won't get a chance to watch now for a few days...likely. Forced delayed gratification, I guess.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The wife actually hit BB on release day -- a blue-moon rare occurrence :) -- for the Despicable Me 2 exclusive. Made our youngest happy w/ the "lunchbox", but also mad because we didn't let her watch the movie right away, LOL. :D
Aaron Silverman said:
I will buy Mary Poppins at Costco a year from now for $12.99. :)
I imagine you can also do the Disney Movie Club deal for it (at a lower effective price) w/in a few months... _Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks