What's new

Pre-Order PHE Press Release: Top Gun Maverick (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
"16x9 1.78:1 Letterbox" seems an oxymoron that doesn't quite compute. Who writes these specs, LOL???

_Man_

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
"16x9 1.78:1 Letterbox" seems an oxymoron that doesn't quite compute. Who writes these specs, LOL???

_Man_
Wal*Mart only had the DVD version (film only) available in store with empty slots for the 4K and Blu-ray versions. There's a blurb on the back that says this film is in Widescreen and the black bars at the top & bottom are normal ...

My 4K + digital copy from Target arrived but I can't see where it say A/R(s).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My wife and I watched this for the first time last night with a couple of friends and WOWZA! Great 100% Hollywood movie with surprising depth, a wonderful performance from Cruise, and the entire cast was superb. We loved the way they fit Iceman into the story. The flight sequences are spectacular, and the 4K UHD disc is reference material. It looks positively stunning, and the Atmos track is precise, immersive, and it rumbled my sub with authority. We all really enjoyed the film.

YANG

Screenwriter
UK release is more mind boggling...
螢幕擷取畫面 (87).png

..."Multiple 16x9 LetterBox"!​

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My order of 4K Top Gun Maverick steelbook arrived today! And it arrived safely, no dents that I can see yet. Deep Discount used a new packaging I;ve not seen yet, they sandwich the disc between two large sheets of cardboard and fuse them together.

I also received my first order from GRUV today, the 4K Alfred Hitchcock classics set 2 and 4K Universal Classic Monsters 2. Tough decision on what to watch tonight. But I’ve been waiting for Bride of Frankenstein for a long time. So I think I’ll go old school today!

YANG

Screenwriter
they could make a very simple sentence and apply to all releases.
"The Main Film/Feature is presented in VAR-Variable Aspect Ratio**".
then after some other details of specification listings, gives a clearer explanation in fine prints, where:
"**the movie is transferred from original IMAX prints from IMAX theatrical presentation. the percentage of scenes in IMAX ratio of 1.95:1 occupies XX% while photography in 2.39:1 occupies XX% of the whole film."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks