What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-27-2015 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
JakeLip said:
I saw it in the theater and liked it (although I really can't debate its merits without seeing it again first, since I went to the first showing in early March and not since, so I'm not sure how specific my memory is.)
Same here. Saw it in the theater and enjoyed it. I haven't watched my blu yet.

Saw individual blu's for Universal's Classic Monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, etc.) at Walmart tonight for $9.77 each.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Huh.

Maybe they really changed the cut of the film for the Blu-ray! :laugh: Maybe the theatrical version was much better!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike,

I do agree the second is weaker than the first, but it's by no means terrible. It felt like a little bit of a strain to get into the story, though, ultimately, I'm happy I got to see it.

And now I'm waiting for the $9.99 price point to add it to the collection...

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
So back on the MFL50 at Target topic, I wasn't able to get out to look at our local Target in the Berkshire Mall until last night. I had intended to get the new BD for my wife for a Christmas present, but she was out with me so that idea was gone. I didn't expect them to have it or if they did none left by Thursday night anyway. So we go down and head to the movie section which seems to get smaller every week (They just removed two sections of movies and replaced them with toys and books). I went to the new release end aisle to see if they possibly had it there and this is what I see:

View attachment 23804

MFL50 1-R.jpg

I didn't see it so I'm thinking they don't have it but I'll check the rest of the movie section just to see if it got put somewhere else. Doesn't take long because the section is way downsized and I thought I would take a closer look at the end aisle:

View attachment 23805

MFL50 2-R.jpg

There it was almost as if they were hiding it on anyone that was looking for it. Wife was very happy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David_Jr said:
So back on the MFL50 at Target topic, I wasn't able to get out to look at our local Target in the Berkshire Mall until last night. I had intended to get the new BD for my wife for a Christmas present, but she was out with me so that idea was gone. I didn't expect them to have it or if they did none left by Thursday night anyway. So we go down and head to the movie section which seems to get smaller every week (They just removed two sections of movies and replaced them with toys and books). I went to the new release end aisle to see if they possibly had it there and this is what I see:

attachicon.gif
MFL50 1-R.jpg

attachicon.gif
MFL50 1-R.jpg

I didn't see it so I'm thinking they don't have it but I'll check the rest of the movie section just to see if it got put somewhere else. Doesn't take long because the section is way downsized and I thought I would take a closer look at the end aisle:

attachicon.gif
MFL50 2-R.jpg

attachicon.gif
MFL50 2-R.jpg

There it was almost as if they were hiding it on anyone that was looking for it. Wife was very happy.
Yup, I was at Target earlier this morning and there were six copies of My Fair Lady so after using a $5.00 Gift Card and 5% off I was able to purchase my copy for $18.99 plus tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks