What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-27-2015 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I guess the Blu edition is exclusive to Best Buy.

David Norman said:
I don;t think it is exclusive.

The Best Buy flyer is quite clear that the Blu edition of the gift set is exclusive to them.

Jeff Cooper said:
Thanks so much for this Mike!! I had no idea this was even getting released, and at that price for the blu, it's a no brainer. Saw this concert live and it was awesome.

Now I'm looking forward to it even more, Jeff! :biggrin:

You're very welcome!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just FYI for everybody: while Season 2 of "The 100" came out as a retail DVD a couple RoundUps ago, the Blu-Ray is now available on Amazon through Warner Archive.

I just ordered my copy because: a) it was a great season of television that I want to own in the best possible quality; and b) I want to support these kind of releases for shows that didn't merit retail Blu-Rays based on sales of past seasons do merit this sort of targeted release.

If only Fox would do a similar thing for Seasons 5 and later of "Modern Family".

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
The Best Buy flyer is quite clear that the Blu edition of the gift set is exclusive to them.
I see what's going on -- Iwas just looking at the BN link which showed the Bluray Screwdriver gift set and misintepreted what was exclusive to BBY
BBY seems to have the Bluray set out this week in store, everyone else appears to be getting the same set on Nov 24 so it's a timed exclusive rather than a specific set.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
When I pre-ordered My Fair Lady about a year ago, the price was $27.99. I thought that was a little high, but decided to keep the pre-order. I am glad I did now, seeing Amazon's current price of $35.99. At that cost, I would be waiting for a price drop.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes. I am on my way to check my neighborhood Target tonight.

The $24.99 in-store price for the MFL release is getting some wide reports now. Although some are saying that some stores do not have any in stock.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My closest store had none in stock..but an empty shelf slot:

gallery_286742_34_73095.jpg

But the folks at that store were more than happy to check at other local Targets.

gallery_286742_34_111346.jpg

Score! :biggrin:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now what would be great is if Amazon would price match the Target price so we don't have to go anywhere to get it...

I'm going to try to report this price to them using their form on the product page and we'll see how it goes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good - thanks, Mike. I just did this also - maybe if they get multiple reports of it it will be harder for them to ignore.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since I was so successful on the Katy Perry price drop--single-handedly wrestling the e-tail giant to the ground...I am stunned that my efforts on My Fair Lady have gone by the wayside so far.

:laugh:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What stuns me is that Amazon doesn't WANT to lower the price on it, regardless of what Target is currently doing. $35.99/only 10% off is really low by Amazon standards and I am accustomed to higher discounting from them.

But that's hardly the only weird thing they've been doing lately. The new illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone has been listed as "temporarily out of stock, order now and we'll deliver when available" for almost the entire month since its release on October 6. I understand if they had a rush of orders on this item (particularly since it was $39 when I price-checked it at a local B&N, and Amazon is much cheaper than that), but how long is it going to take them to get new copies in stock? It's not a limited edition item or anything like that, so it should not be taking weeks and weeks for them to resolve this, and I've put off ordering it until they come back in stock or at least have a projected availability date.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
In addition to all that, consider that the restored SPARTACUS Blu-ray released on October 6th is now listed by Amazon as "Usually Ships in 1 to 2 months".

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That's nuts too. Does Amazon seriously underestimate demand for things like these? It seems obvious to me that Spartacus and Harry Potter would be big sellers (Harry probably moreso, but still.) It seems like they just need to think harder about how many to stock in the first place.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Harry Potter would probably be a bigger seller than Spartacus??? Really? :)

Incidentally, Sparty is $12.99 at my local BJs. I wonder if it was on sale release week, as some people reported it was $7.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We can add The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel to the list of items that has been "out of stock" for like a month. I waited for a price drop when that disc came out in July, and now it has dipped to $15, which is a good price, and yet it's been showing as "out of stock" since that price change was enacted.

I was trying to be generous with the "probably."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
We can add The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel to the list of items that has been "out of stock" for like a month. I waited for a price drop when that disc came out in July, and now it has dipped to $15, which is a good price, and yet it's been showing as "out of stock" since that price change was enacted.

I was trying to be generous with the "probably."

That might work out to your advantage, Jake. I had found a cheap used copy. Like you, I had been waiting for a price drop.

My wife and I really enjoyed the first film...and recently started to watch the second. It was night and day. Whereas the first was quaint and used it's cast to a great advantage...the 2nd was abysmal. It totally gave up on what made the first one so enjoyable.

I kept thinking that the writing of the 2nd one was a mash-up of Three's Company plots with The Love Boat. That bad. Really. They turnd Dev Patel into the worst kind of sit-com star imaginable. John Ritter without the personality. And the geriatric set might as well have been touring the Lido deck looking for Captan Steubing and Vicky.

Honestly, at one point he greets a main character with stupid reverance--MISTAKING him for someone else because his first name was "Guy" and someone else said they would be sending their "guy" over to the hotel. I don't think Mrs. Roper could have thought it out any better. :rolleyes:

We could not finish the film and I cannot remember the last time that happened for us.

Run away!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw it in the theater and liked it (although I really can't debate its merits without seeing it again first, since I went to the first showing in early March and not since, so I'm not sure how specific my memory is.)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Harry Potter would probably be a bigger seller than Spartacus??? Really? :)

Incidentally, Sparty is $12.99 at my local BJs. I wonder if it was on sale release week, as some people reported it was $7.99.
Not directly a sale, but there was some sort of $5 coupon that applied specifically to Spartacus the first week. Not sure if it
was BJ deal or a MQ of some sort specific to the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks