– Jurassic World – 2015

– Paper Towns – 2015

– Diary of a Lost Girl – 1929

– Kwaidan – 1964

– The Oblong Box – 1969

– The Exorcism of Molly Hartley – 2015

The Prices
Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Back to the Future:  The Complete Adventures $59.94    
Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy  $27.99 $29.99 $22.99
Back to the Future [Complete Animated Series]  $37.98    
Benoit Jacquot Collection, The   $27.99    
Capital C   $24.95    
Chloe & Theo   $13.99    
Diary of a Lost Girl   $24.95    
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas [50th Anniversary]        
Exorcism of Molly Hartley, The   $x.xx    
The Facts of Life: Season 7 $19.92    
The Great American Dream Machine $27.99    
Growing Pains: Season 6 $26.99    
Gueros   $16.99    
Hotel: Complete  Collection $244.44    
I Spit On Your Grave 3   $9.85    
Jurassic World  $14.94 $14.99 $14.99
Jurassic Park - 4 Movie Collection $39.98 $39.99  
King of the Hill:Season 13     $14.99    
Kwaidan [Criterion Collection]  $22.99    
Mike Tyson Mysteries: Season 1 $14.95    
My Favorite Martian [The Complete Series]   $84.99    
Nurse Jackie: Season 7   $22.89    
Oblong Box, The   $9.99    
Olympus:  Season One      $19.93    
Paper Towns   $x.xx $14.99 $14.99
Seeds of Time   $29.95    
Slam Dance   $9.49    
Testament of Youth   $22.89    
Therese Raquin   $20.48    
The Vatican Tapes $15.31    
Wolfpack, The   $22.99    
Z for Zachariah   $11.99    

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Back in Time    $27.99    
Back to the Future [The Complete Adventures]   $87.97    
Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy    $29.67 $39.99 $29.99
Benoit Jacquot Collection, The    $34.99    
Diary of a Lost Girl    $19.99    
Exorcism of Molly Hartley, The    $x.xx    
Gueros    $18.49    
How the Grinch Stole Christmas [50th Anniversary] $24.98    
I Spit On Your Grave 3    $12.99    
Jurassic Park Collection    $49.97 $49.99  
Jurassic World [Blu-ray 3-D]  $24.99 $24.99  
Jurassic World    $19.98 $19.99 $17.99
Kwaidan  [Criterion Collection]  $27.99    
King of the Hill: Season 13 $14.99    
Larry Fessenden Collection, The    $64.08    
The Lifeguard $14.95    
Lonesome Dove    $12.99    
Making of the Mob, The: New York    $29.99    
Modern Girls    $14.49    
 Northern Limit Line    $8.34    
Nurse Jackie: Season 7 $22.96    
Oblong Box, The    $12.49    
Olympus:  Season One      $27.99    
Paper Towns    $x.xx $18.99 $19.99
Peaky Blinders    $25.97    
Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd & Second Helping Live $17.98    
Slam Dance    $14.49    
Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood    $22.91    
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight    $22.90    
Testament of Youth    $34.98    
The Vatican Tapes $12.99    
Widower, The    $22.99    
Wolfpack, The    $29.98    
Z for Zachariah    $14.98    

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION TIN PACKAGING with their Blu and 3-D Blu copies of Jurassic World.  They also have LE tin packaging on Blu combo packs of the first three Jurassic movies.  Also @ BB, a FREE T-SHIRT with the purchase of JW on Blu or 3-D Blu.  And, save 20% on Jurassic Park 1-3 on Blu (or the LE Tin Packaging) with the purchase of JW on Blu or 3-D Blu.   

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE MINI LICENSE PLATES with their Blu copies of the Back to the Future trilogy.

--Get an EXCLUSIVE FREE MINION TOTE BAG ("I glow and I talk!") with the purchase of select titles (up to 12 from which to choose).  Limited quantities.  No rainchecks.  Titles shown (without price) are Blu-rays of Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2.

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$17.99:  Poltergeist (Blu)

$19.99:  Furious 7 (Blu), Pitch Perfect 2 (Blu), Mad Max Fury Road (Blu), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Blu).

$29.99:  Arrow: Season 3, Flash: Season 1, NCIS-New Orleans: Season 1, NCIS-Los Angeles: Season 6

--Best Buy is advertising a Buy One, Get One 50% off sale.  Up to 16 titles from which to choose.  Shown in the flyer (all Blu) are:  Jumanji ($14.99), Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 ($17.99), Aloha ($17.99).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Jurassic World.  It has thirty minutes of bonus content.  It also looks like there's alternative packaging (round tin)...but no mention of it in the ad text.  Also, buy JW on Blu at Target and get a FREE POPCORN AND MEDIUM SODA at the Target Cafe.  Plus if you buy the JW Blu-ray at Target you can get 15% off ANY Jurassic World toy.

--Target is also advertising a FREE $5 TARGET GIFTCARD when you buy Paper Towns and ANY John Green book. 

--And you can also get a FREE $5 TARGET GIFTCARD when you pre-order Pixar's Inside Out at target.com/preorder (get giftcard at time of movie delivery).

--Target has the following DVD titles listed for $10:  How to Train Your Dragon 2, Paddington, Insurgent, Kingsman: Secret Service, Fifty Shades of Grey, American Sniper.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sigwolf said:
Thanks, Mike!

It may be worth noting that Amazon is offering a $5 gift card with Jurassic World if you preorder before midnight (pacific time) today. (Saturday)

It sure is worth noting! Thanks. That got me to switch from picking it up at Target. I just placed my pre-order.

As always, thanks in advance everyone for the "likes" for the OP. :thumbsup:

I'm a big Nurse Jackie fan...so the Jurassic World blu will now be joining the Blu of the final season of Nurse Jackie on its way to me this week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As usual, thanks for your work, Mike.

Last week's new releases, from I bought 3 Blu-rays and 2 CDs with an approximate total of $105, is the most I've ever spent on discs in a single week. So, I'm very relieved to say that I don't feel the immediate need to purchase any more discs until Inside Out next month. "Robert Galbraith"'s new book will be on its way to me from Amazon this week, but that's it for right now, and my checking account appreciates the lull in important releases. (I realize I'm probably the only one who doesn't care about Jurassic World, but I don't.)

In the "eventually" column, I've never seen the BTTF animated series and would be interested in getting that sooner or later. I would also consider a double-dip on the trilogy at the right price, since I could sell off or gift my old 25th Anniversary blu-ray of that and get the new extras. So, if The Complete Adventures set has a nice Black Friday price, I might be in for that later. But neither the animated series nor the new extras are enough to make it an essential immediate purchase, so for right now, I'm sticking with my current Blu copy of the trilogy.

I will, however, happily see all three of them at my local movie theater on Wednesday, and am really looking forward to that, since I'm too young to have seen them in theaters the first go-round.

The new Grinch Blu-ray is also something I'd like to have eventually, but certainly not for $24.98.

Edit: Grinch has gone down to $22.48, but that's still too much.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up Jurassic World and the two Tales From The Crypt movies this week. I'm borderline interested in the Back To The Future cartoon but not at anywhere near $40.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Picking up Jurassic World 3D. Ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon promotion, Sigwolf.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DavidJ said:
Picking up Jurassic World 3D. Ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon promotion, Sigwolf.
The promotion appears to not work with the 3-D release.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
The promotion appears to not work with the 3-D release.
I saw that $5 prior to it being shown here.

I pre-ordered, not showing up yet either. I fathom to guess the $5 won't show till it ships.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
I saw that $5 prior to it being shown here.

I pre-ordered, not showing up yet either. I fathom to guess the $5 won't show till it ships.
That's waht the promotion details said -- the $5 would be deposited sometimes after shipment date. I think initially it applied to
all versions. I think when the LE went OOS for ordering, the Promotion banner went away too

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Then why is the $5.00 being applied immediately if you ordered just the 2-D version, but not for the 3-D release.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
Then why is the $5.00 being applied immediately if you ordered just the 2-D version, but not for the 3-D release.
I bought the 2D version. The "learn more" link just sent me to the DVD page...which then refreshed the DVD page.

If I don't have a $5 balance by Wednesday...emailing to find out why.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
That I don't know unless though I haven't read of anyone ordering the 3D who has had that happen. Truthfully yours is the first I've heard of that happening with the 2D version. I'm assuming there wasn't a different promo of some sort available earlier -- so the 2D item is 14.99 in the cart?.
Did you get an email saying the $5 had been added to your GC balance or did it reflect in the price itself?

The original fine print once you clicked the details which doesn't seem to working now either.
"This week only, purchase Jurassic World on DVD, Blu-ray, or 3D and receive a $5 Amazon gift card via email after your shipment is completed. Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon.com"

There was nothing in the cart, order, invoice or Email confirmation that mentioned the $5 card, so right now I guess everyone is going to Faith in Amazon to complete the deal.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Yes, it's $14.99 in the cart.
That's very intriguing. It will be interesting to see if Amazon will match Target's 17.99 price from the weekly ad -- though that appears to be the Target Exclusive with the Tin.
It will also be intetesting to see if another $5 off will show up as a separate GC. I looked back over several the JW Amazon threads and I haven't found anyone else reporting
an immediate $5 price or early delivery of th $5 GC. Maybe they heard of your official retirement thread and are wishing you well?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah...I'm not getting the tin packaging thing for JW.

Best Buy loudly advertises they've got EXCLUSIVE tin packaging for all the Jurassic movies.

Target shows the same sort of tin packaging...but never mentions it in their text. Do we really think they'll have it? (Not that I want it.)

It's just strange.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I could be totally wrong but I thought the tin was the only option.

Amazon is showing a regular BD case.

91vmnld-6YL._SX385_.jpg
91nYt35h7lL._SX385_.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And it's funny that the cover shot is the scene which totally took me out of the movie...Chris Pratt smoothly navigating his motorcycle through a densely forested jungle. He never once hit a rock, log, vine, root, anything. It's like he was riding on a smooth concrete driveway.

Never mind that he was flanked by velociraptors. THAT, I could deal with.

But smoothly riding a motorcycle through a jungle?!? Fuggedaboutit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks