What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/14 (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Already got Black Sunday so nothing for me but thanks Dave.
The next few weeks are going to be murder on the wallet so I glad to get a break this week.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Re-reading through this thread, I can't believe that I forgot to mention in the Roundup that BB has the bonus disc along with Matrix Reloaded. Thanks for the catch!
No probs, David. You do enough around here already! Thanks for all the hard work. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
chet this is what i posted earlier in the thread...

"there seems to be a $5 auto coupon at bestbuy.com.

looks like you have to sign out and then back in. you will either get a pop-up or it will be auto in your total once you try to check out.

the coupon doesnt look like it has a minimum."

to find the note on the actual site go to the digital camers drop down menu and look on the right side of that page and you should see a mention of it.
and try this link.

it shows up in your cart at checkout or as a pop up that would have looked like this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....category&h=387

but another site is reporting it as dead. i don't know the link or the site saying it's dead.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Dave, as always.

Just the "Cracker" set for me this week -- I am buying it as an Xmas gift. Are there any reviews of this set out there yet? I am wondering how it looks, if it has any special features, etc.

Deborah

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave,

Just the new Ninja Turtle DVDs for me. Anyone have any ideas as to why the prices aren't as good as the last batch?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I believe Best Buy is also having a sale on HBO sets. Something like $20 off two; $30 off three; $40 off four. Includes "Sopranos," "Sex & the City," "Six Feet Under," "Oz," and "Mr. Show."

I'd like to pick up the two Mr. Show sets. We'll see how mad I still am at Best Buy come the weekend.
Actually Malcolm if remember correctly, I believe it's $20 off 2, $40 off 3, and $60 off 4. When I saw the deal posted on another forum last week, I was planning on picking up the 2 Mr. Show sets yesterday after work. But then yesterday morning I saw the $5 BB.com coupon before I left for work, so I ordered them online for in-store pickup later this week. It came out to $33 and change, after tax. Not bad at all. :)
Edit: a check of BB.com confirmed the 20/40/60 discounts.

Also, beginning tomorrow (Tuesday), McDonald's is starting another of their Monopoly games they do from time to time. This time, however, on every large and super size fry box, there are Best Buy Bucks. Each fry box is guaranteed to have at least $1 in BB Bucks. You can also get $5 or $10, or a $50 or $5000 BB gift card. Details in this week's BB flyer.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Dave or anyone else:

Is The Alien Saga DVD available at CC and BB, and if so, what is the price? I didn't see it in any ads, but I know it is being released tomorrow.

Thanks for all you hard work, Dave! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, you're right. I was trying to post from memory earlier, but consulting the circular when I got home see that it's even better than I thought (if you buy more than 2 anyway). :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]Got "BLACK SUNDAY" at Wal-Mart for $5.88!!![/rant] It was in the $5.88 bin, along with Fatal Attraction and a couple of other (lesser-known) titles that I forget.

I got the two new TMNT releases at $14.67 each (everyday price), and ST5:TFF-SE for $17.08 ("we beat...").

Not bad. They had MR there, of course ($14.24), and in widescreen...but I'll get the Best Buy deal at $14.99 with the bonus disc.

BB RewardZone members don't forget to only buy the ones that are on sale, and come back for the rest on Sunday or Monday so you can get the double points (all Oct. long!).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Also, starting today you can get Best Buy bucks at McDonald's as part of their new Monopoly game. Supposedly every ticket is good for at least $1 off at Best Buy.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Also, starting today you can get Best Buy bucks at McDonald's as part of their new Monopoly game. Supposedly every ticket is good for at least $1 off at Best Buy.
Which I stated in my previous post, to which you replied so apparently read (at least part of).

Does anyone pay attention to me? :frowning:

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
People,

The BB bonus DVD contains the trailers for both Matrix films. And they are limited per store to (I believe the sign said) 350 units.

-Christian

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Yeah, but did you know that McDonald's is starting another of their Monopoly games they do from time to time? This time, however, on every large and super size fry box, there are Best Buy Bucks. Each fry box is guaranteed to have at least $1 in BB Bucks. You can also get $5 or $10, or a $50 or $5000 BB gift card. Details in this week's BB flyer.

;)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Just got back from BB. The Matrix Reloaded bonus disc is shrinkwrapped with the DVD set. The cover matches the cover of the movie so that it lines up.

Contents:

The Matrix theatrical trailer
What is bullet time?
Inside the Animatrix
Second Renaissance - Part II
Matrix Reloaded Theatrical trailer

Though I'm not sure right now as I haven't made a comparison, I believe the Reloaded trailer has been edited at the end to remove the release date, replaced with falling code.

EDIT: The trailer HAS been edited. The release date was removed.

Hope this helps.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I only bought matrix reloaded WS with BB bonus disc. when I got there they only had the FS versions out on the table, and I told them that they should put WS there also because everybody was grabing the FS copyies without looking. I told them they will probably have people comming back for exchanges.

I still can't find the Vacation box set anywhere. Has this been delayed?

This could have been a very expensive day for me as while making my rounds this morning I ran Accross DVD on DVD season 1 and 2, and indy box set WS at various stores. I decided that I would just wait until next week for better prices. Later, Randy B A

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix Reloaded for me. Even if the movie wasn't as good as the original, every review I have read says this is a reference DVD all the way!

Thanks Dave!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Christmas With The Simpsons is at Target for $9.99, if that helps anyone.

Costco surprisingly had almost none of the items on this week's Roundup! Just Matrix Reloaded (at too high a price) and Wrong Turn (at the same price). I expected to find Transformers, Simpsons, Star Trek, Carson, and perhaps even the Essential Music Videos series. No dice on any of those!

In fact I couldn't find any of the music video stuff ANYWHERE I looked. Bleh. Anyone run across these?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks