What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/14 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else get a sampler DVD from Best Buy? I got one when I picked up the Matrix Reloaded DVD today.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
randy, what dvd was that?
I'm not Randy, but he's referring to Dick Van Dyke Seasons 1 and 2. Per another thread in the Software section, a certain chain already has this available for purchase (along with the $20 rebate for buying both).

Kevin (who found the Carson collection at Sam's) you're lucky. I went there today looking for it and no dice. Maybe it'll show up later.

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

My Sams Club had a whole display full of them. Probably over 100 copies.

Also, I read in another forum that the store that has DVD out early will give you a $20 Giftcard instantly when you purchase both next week (in addition to the $20 mail0in rebate)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, do you mean a new sampler? Or the same "Coming Attractions Volume 1" (with the grey cover and a big yellow dot on the front) that was there last week, too?

If it's not the one I described, then tell us about it so we can look for it, too! :)

Or do you just mean the bonus DVD that's shrinkwrapped to the cover of Matrix Reloaded (limit 350 per store, apparently, and 50/50 on wide- and full- versions).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't go to Best Buy the previous week, so, yes, it was the grey "Coming Attractions" DVD that I got this week.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Yep, got that Coming Attractions dvd when I picked up Matrix Reloaded (with the on-pack bonus dvd). My store still had a bunch of all 3 dvds I mentioned.

Edit: Yes, Mike, Mickey D's is running a big promo w/ Best Buy as part of the Monopoly game thing. I used $2 in Best Buy Bucks from Mickey D's, along with $10 in Reward Zone certificates, on Matrix Reloaded.

Edit2: Here's a link to a DVDTalk thread discussing the Mickey D's promo: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=323279

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy here immediately sold out of the bonus discs on Matrix Reloaded; when I got there at 6 PM they had been long gone. I asked the guy minding the table whether 300 of the 350 had gone to BB employees and he laughed and said, "that's pretty much right." :angry:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix bonus disc was gone at my BB too, save for the Full Screen versions. I wish it hadn't been packed into the package, then it could sell out with whatever version people wanted to buy.

There was a guy there walking around with the digitalbits widescreen comparison article though, so the trip did have it's high points.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Two...count 'em...TWO strikes against Best Buy this week. My local Best Buy was also out of the bonus disc for The Matrix Reloaded, so I said screw them and their rewards points and went to Circuit City instead (the first strike was them not honoring the $5.00 off on-line deal last week). I'm really disappointed with what is starting to feel like FALSE ADVERTISING. I don't mind if there's an error with an advertising special...either due to they way their website is set-up, or because they didn't stock enough of a special offer item, or whatever. However, what I do mind is not offering the customer something to make-up for it, or simply not honoring an advertised special...very lame!

So far, my best deal this week was picking up Star Trek V: The Final Frontier for $14.14 via price matching from Outpost.com's advertised price of $14.49.

Howie

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

You might want to check Costco again later. They told me they didn't have Adventure of Robin Hood (even looked it up on the computer) but of course it's there now. And at mine anyway, the Ultimate Carson is there for $39.99, which is significantly cheaper than elsewhere. They also had something that really made me happy, but forum rules forbid me speaking about it yet.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Two...count 'em...TWO strikes against Best Buy this week. My local Best Buy was also out of the bonus disc for The Matrix Reloaded, so I said screw them and their rewards points and went to Circuit City instead (the first strike was them not honoring the $5.00 off on-line deal last week). I'm really disappointed with what is starting to feel like FALSE ADVERTISING. I don't mind if there's an error with an advertising special...either due to they way their website is set-up, or because they didn't stock enough of a special offer item, or whatever. However, what I do mind is not offering the customer something to make-up for it, or simply not honoring an advertised special...very lame!
howard what was false?
the $5 off was a web site deal so anyone who had that honored at store was lucky.
what do you mean when you say not honoring the online deal?
how did they not honor an advertised special. could you be more specific?

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tony,

Regarding my mini-rant; Best Buy acknowledged they were having problems with their website offer. Some customers were able to get around this by logging off, and back in again on their site, or changing their computer's security settings. I was not able to make changes on-line that would allow me to rectify the problem. I called Best Buy, they admitted their was a problem on their end, but also told me they would not make good on their offer. I had a polite conversation with rep I spoke with, I mentioned my disappointment, and let it go at that, as it wasn't that big a deal to me. However, in retrospect, as a regular customer I feel they should have made good on the offer. In addition to that, other customers called up and were given the offer after calling in.

If you're going to advertise an offer, then make sure the customer has access to that offer. Best Buy didn't do that, and I don't feel that's a good way of doing business...just my 500 cents worth.;)

Howie

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Dave,

Kudos as usual for this great thread of yours! :emoji_thumbsup:

An especially big thanks for the heads-up
Got "BLACK SUNDAY" at Wal-Mart for $5.88!!! It was in the $5.88 bin
I rarely check the $5.88 bin, but based on your post I checked out my local Wal-Mart's bin and was able to pick-up Black Sunday for $5.88. I also picked-up Drop Zone for $5.88.

New releases were at the typical new release price of $13.88. I only grabbed Matrix Reloaded this week.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave, I also picked up Black Sunday for $5.88. I wonder why they had it so cheap when everywhere else was $15 or more.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I got the Johnny Carson Collection at my local Costco. It was tagged $39.99 but it scanned at $39.82.

It looks like Costco's price on the Indy Trilogy will be $42.99 (if the B&M store price is the same as their website).

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Re: The Ultimate Carson set:

Dave reports in the RoundUp that the "animal hijinks" disc may be exclusive to BestBuy. Can anyone who got a set at CostCo or elsewhere confirm this? I've seen the set at my local BestBuy--with the animal hijinks disc--but at $65 versus $40...I think I should check the price at my local BJs Wholesale Club (hijinks or no!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks