What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-8-2008 (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike & Patrick!! Much appreciate all the hard work over the last four years!

If you're picking up ConAir or The Rock on Blu-ray this week there is a $10 rebate available if you're upgrading from the SD DVD version. So don't sell off that SD version just yet.

Link

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Even after 4 years of doing the RoundUp, you still sometimes remember what day it is, eh, Mike? Thanks for all the hard work (you, too, Patrick).

Picking up the Zodiac HD DVD this week. Also may order my first Blu-rays (Sunsine, 3:10) as I'm probably going to buy a player soon.

It may be easier than you think, Mike. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"Thanks again to Mr. Frezon for pitching in; a "vacation" is sorta cool. Mike, would you be willing to do the Roundup for the next 2-3 weeks? I really am blown away by what you did...it's damn near perfect! I'm proud of you. The only thing you really missed, though is the markdowns at Videotropic. Here they are:"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tony: When you look at it that way...too funny! If only I knew what I was getting myself into!

Chris: Excellent news about the Mail-In Rebate on those BDs of Con-Air, The Rock & Crimson Tide. VERY good to know! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott: As long as I remember the wedding anniversary and the wife's birthday, I think I'm in good shape! :D

And, thanks to Mark, Travis, Gary & Christopher for the correction on the BB price of the Zodiac SE! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

==============================

Was in one of my local FYE (TransWorld) stores last night killing time while the wife was shopping elsewhere and found a copy of Home Run Derby: Vol. 2 marked down from $14.99 to $0.99!!! :eek: I figured it was mis-marked...but since I never got either volumes 2 or 3...I took it up to the register and asked the clerk if it was mis-marked and he scanned it and it came up at $0.99! Sold! Anyone else interested MAY want to give it a try at your local TransWorld store. There was a copy of HRD: Volume 1 there...but it only had the original $14.99 tag on it. Don't know how it would have scanned.

Also picked up a used BD of The Simpsons Movie! :D

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Picked up Super Friends on Friday (a local store had it out early) and 24 S6 today. I'm completely, utterly done for the week.

Mike, should we sing Happy Birthday or something? :D

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
So glad BB has a competitive price for ZODIAC on HD-DVD. After waiting 2 weeks for my Amazon pre-order of HD-DVD BLADE RUNNER to arrive, I'm gonna hold off pre-orders for a while.

MarkBirds, I would not recommend SUNSHINE as a blind buy (though I'm sure it looks amazing in BD). I'm a fan of Boyle, Garland, the cast, the influences...and yet it didn't work for me. Definitely worth a watch, though.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

"...Someon's buying, Lord
Kumbaya
Someone's saving, Lord
Kumbaya
Someone's buying again but not watching, Lord
Kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya..."

Congratulations on your Anniversary, Mike, and many, many thanks for all you do!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

I almost forgot that you weren't the one that started the Round-up! You and Patrick have certainly made it your own. It's usually the first stop I make on Sunday morning! I hereby nominate you for a second term. FOUR MORE YEARS!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

And not one Best Buy coupon in the mail.

You've been doing a great job as Dave's sub. Keep up the good work. :)

And I second Ric's nomination of four more years!!!!

I think we should all send Mike our next set of Best Buy coupons as a thank you.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well nothing new this week for me, but then again, I been catching up on a lot of dvds I missed over the past months.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor

Dave still alive? I thought you permently have the Weekly Roundup these days? Also after loging in for the first time in a year, I checked my last post, which was "Weekly Roundup of October of 2006" by Mike Frezon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I was just kidding, Kenneth. It's been mine for four years now. I think you posted in the thread I linked to in the OP--that was my first RoundUp back in 2004.

I was wondering where you've been! You told me you'd be right back, too! :D

And, BTW, if you don't know...Dave Lambert is very much alive and doing quite well at TVShowsonDVD.com. He and Gord Lacey have a nice little operation over there.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor

I noticed him over at TVshowsonDVD.com as I usually check that site every once in a while to see see what got announced. While I have been buying dvds in this past year, it not nearly as many when I first joined this board. Still, with a HD-TV coming soon, I might be changing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks