What's new

WB Shop Suspends All Orders (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Thanks Ron.

Temporary notation:
We will accept new orders when the mandated California business suspension has been lifted. We will notify customers who have pending orders and our email subscribers when our operations are up and running.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I got my order in early, I wonder if it will ship?

Read the 2nd question and answer:

Q: I recently placed an order, will I receive it?

A: We are doing our best to ship all pending orders. If you have been notified that your order shipped, please check the carrier tracking link. If you haven't received a shipping confirmation by Wednesday, March 25th, please contact our Customer Service team

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
Hopefully, this will not affect anything of theirs if ordered on Amazon.com?

~Ben
I don’t think this should be a concern as Warner Bros. no longer owns or runs wbshop.com. wbshop.com is a totally separate entity owned by a company called Araca. Warner licenses the use of the name to Araca. This is clear on the shop site, and therefore should not be related to what happens at other retailers.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I made a choice not to order before the sale was over because it didn’t feel right to me to risk the life of warehouse and deliver workers - and all they came in contact with - for a disc. It’s one thing to order essential food or medicine but it didn’t feel right for me to put people at risk to get a disc.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I made a choice not to order before the sale was over because it didn’t feel right to me to risk the life of warehouse and deliver workers - and all they came in contact with - for a disc. It’s one thing to order essential food or medicine but it didn’t feel right for me to put people at risk to get a disc.

While I don't disagree, I wonder if factory workers who are around fumes/chemicals (such as plastic disc presses or printing ink) might already have some protection due to existing precautions (air control environment, possibly already wearing some type of protective gear).

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
While I don't disagree, I wonder if factory workers who are around fumes/chemicals (such as plastic disc presses or printing ink) might already have some protection due to existing precautions (air control environment, possibly already wearing some type of protective gear).
Been awhile since I worked in a chemical plant (summer college job) but I remember we had full protective suits on with respirators in certain parts of the plant. Of course that was some really hazardous stuff we were around with fine particulate matter floating around the warehouse.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I ordered 9 titles on the Warners 4 for $44 sale hours before they put the no more online orders sign up. I received them in yesterday's mail so I would assume Warners is honoring all orders placed before the axe came down.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Darn it. I just placed an order yesterday to be shipped as a gift to an eighty-year-old friend who is going stir crazy. I hope I receive a shipping confirmation by Wednesday. If not, I am once again the personification of "Murphy's Law".

As I had received neither a shipping confirmation nor a response to my email this past Thursday, I called WBShop's customer service yesterday and was told my order would arrive that day, Indeed, my friend called last evening overjoyed at having received some of her all-time favorites to watch. Interestingly, the customer service rep said he would email me tracking information, but that never arrived either.

I'm just glad my friend's order was fulfilled, even though my online account still shows it as "unfilfilled". I am sympathetic that these are tough times for any business to carry on. I was going to order some titles for myself, but will wait until after things have calmed down.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Though WbShop has gotten better at sending emails for various stages, it is not at all unusual to get packages delivered with little if any warning. I lost count years ago of the number of time I got Shipping Confirmation the day after it was delivered though almost always I eventually got some sort of email from them

Usually either UPS or USPS Delivery Tracking services notified me of incoming packages to it was more amusing than shocking when it happened.

This sale certainly has been far worse for this sort of thing than the last 3-4 years (since they sold the site the first time). The worst problem they had the last couple years was their Shipping Email contained a link to DHL or FEDex tracking which didn't work b/c the tracking number and shipping was via UPSMI so you had to manually enter the tracking at the proper shipping service.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I placed an order yesterday via Deep Discount DVD for 4 titles using a 15% discount code. Final price with sales tax was a little over $51. So, not quite as good as the 4 for $44 deal, but close.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks