What's new

Was Nuns on the Run "big" over there??? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I love Nuns on the Run but, well, it's always struck me as a very British comedy. I'm surprised it would translate across the Atlantic.

However, in the commentary to My Cousin Vinny, Lynne seems to suggest that it was big over there, hence why he got the job on MCV...

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I can't answer your question, because I haven't seen the movie.

Now that I think about it, that statement may answer your question - in an indirect way...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No, it was not very successful. But then again, it wasn't very widely released, either. It made about $10 million from 700 screens.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I remember being excited about it but it closed before I got a chance to see it
Hey Theo hows it going?
Grant

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I know it didn't make an impact at the U.s. box office, but my cousin and I saw it in the theaters. I liked it then, and I bet I'd still like it now. I remember a very catchy musical score! :emoji_thumbsup:
Also, with very few exceptions: Pythons can do no wrong.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Scott, did you know that the music score was done by two groups. The score was done by Yello (who performed "Oh Yeah") and a group called Hidden Faces, who also did the underscore for the original 'Friday'. The music is really good and the original Yello cues were availible on the soundtrack, including one that isn't even in the movie. Including one real big difference is the end title music, which is called "On The Run". It is a bouncy theme that works as a great instrumental tune, but on the soundtrack, the original version exists and it is not as good as it was in the end titles.

Like many people, I love this movie too. It is very funny, but I think it would probably be very wise if you were into British humor before seeing it for the first time. I first saw it when I was 5 (Yes, I said 5) because we had HBO and it was on quite frequently then. Compare that to the last time it was on HBO, which was about a year ago, and it was barely even on at all, but it is still a funny movie all around.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I remember the movie channel on the hotel I was staying at in New York in 1990 was showing the preview for this movie all the time... "Nuns on the run - The story of an immaculate deception". Drove me nuts, haha.

Haven't seen the movie though.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks