What's new

WARNING To Jackie Chan fans (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Warner is reissuing Mr. Nice Guy, First Strike, Rumble in the Bronx, and Drunken Master 2 in Hong Kong this summer. There will be NO English subs! That and they're all now Region 3. This is TOTALLY out of line! First the deny them to us properly in R1, and now they're denying the English speaking people in the home market, and forcing them to watch the horrible dubs. ENOUGH!

GIVE ME OSL OR GIVE ME DEATH!

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Warner International R3 discs have English, Cantonese, & Mandarin language tracks. No English subtitles though.

The worst thing thing about this is that these R3 discs, save for Drunken Master 2, are the EXACT same cuts as the U.S. releases. Rumble In The Bronx even has the New Line Cinema logo before it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Until 1997, Hong Kong was a British colony. There are a LOT of English speakers there. In fact, most of the films in theaters have English and usually Mandarin subs right on the print.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
I hate evil DVD companies. Don't put a lock/code on anything. Make our lives easier instead of yours Mr. CEO! THey couldn't possibly make $2 million a year instead of $4. No way JOSE!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I hate evil DVD companies. Don't put a lock/code on anything. Make our lives easier instead of yours Mr. CEO! THey couldn't possibly make $2 million a year instead of $4. No way JOSE!
The thing is, how is not having English subtitles going to increase Warner's profits in any way? This defies all logic known to man.

Really this yet another example of how region coding is a massive violation in anti-trust law. Warner's does it to butter up Disney, who in turn will cripple other stuff to please Warner. Meanwhile the customers get screwed in every case.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks