What's new

Warners Please Add... (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Since you are giving us Sci-Fi fans "Them", why not add "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms" to the release schedule. This Harryhausen film should be available.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Are there no other "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms" fans out there in DVD land? Hmmm!! Please WB may we have this film even if I'm the ONLY person who wants it!:rolleyes::rolleyes

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
:D I'm very happy to see there are some other persons out there who like this old Sci-Fi flick! Glad to hear from you. Now we just need WB to decide that their bottom line investors can afford to market this limited interest film.:emoji_thumbsup:

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Put me down for a copy of THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and I'd also like to see THE VALLEY OF GWANGI. THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD would also be great on DVD.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I think there's way more Harryhausen fans than it seems at the moment...they'll sell a lot of them.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Randy,
The subject of this thread may be why more Harryhausen fans haven't spoken up. If it were called BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS or Warner release your Harryhausen's it would have gotten a bit more attention.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've tried generalized & I've tried rather specific subject lines for threads. The response from this forums readers has been for me unpredictable. If someone knows the secret to drawing 100's of responses, let me know! I think that all of Harryhausen's films should be available. The man is great.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Sign me up for THE BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS on DVD, too! Apart from the cool Harryhausen effects magic bringing the Rhedosaur to life, it also has "The Bad", Lee Van Cleef, as an isotope sharpshooter --at Coney Island!
That's not to mention the other stop-motion monster epics that Warner could (and should) encode on the almighty 5" platter:
SON OF KONG (1933)
MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949)
THE BLACK SCORPION (1957)
THE GIANT BEHEMOTH (1959)
VALLEY OF GWANGI (1969, with the Ray Harryhausen/Willis O'Brien dinosaur sequence from THE ANIMAL WORLD (1956) as an extra)
WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH (1969, the un-cut version)
--as well as THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD and other genre classics.
Thank goodness that Warner is working on a deluxe KING KONG DVD as we speak, and that the CLASH OF THE TITANS, THEM, HORROR OF DRACULA, CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (and possibly HOUSE OF WAX) DVDs are imminent.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Peter, I'm glad you mentioned "Mighty Joe Young". That film should be on DVD. Plus "The Black Scorpion" is a favorite "B" type film of mine. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks