What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Libeled Lady (1936) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1603233868746.png

NEW 2020 1080p HD master from 4K scan of best surviving preservation elements
LIBELED LADY(1936)
Run Time: 98:00
Subtitles : English SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio: RIGINAL ASPECT RATIO – 4x3-1.37:1
Product Color: B&W
Disc Configuration: BD 50
SPECIAL FEATURES: Classic Short Subjects-KEYSTONE HOTEL (HD), NEW SHOES, M-G-M Cartoon-LITTLE CHEESER-Audio only LEO IS ON THE AIR Radio Promo-Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Four of Hollywood's greatest stars - William Powell, Jean Harlow, Myrna Loy and Spencer Tracy - reel in this whopper of a screwball romantic comedy classic nominated for a Best Picture Oscar®. It all starts when society diva Loy slaps newsman Tracy with a libel suit. Tracy enlists fiancée Harlow and down-on-his-luck Powell in a counter maneuver involving a rigged marriage, a phony seduction, a fabulously funny fishing scene, fisticuffs, broken promises and hearts - and, eventually, true love for all. This lady is one fine catch!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Libeled Lady was one of those Holy Grail titles I never expected to see the light of day on Blu as the DVD release from Warner 'proper' some years ago looked as though it were fed through a meat grinder. Age-related artifacts everywhere and an audio that was so scratchy and thin it was hanging on by a thread. Here's to hoping all of the aforementioned shortcomings have been properly addressed for this new to Blu release, as only WAC in their prime can do. Also, over the moon for The Pirate, The Mortal Storm and Tennessee Johnson.

Would absolutely LOVE to see 1939's Goodbye Mr. Chips, Dinner at Eight, Weekend at the Waldorf, San Francisco, Red Dust, The Great Ziegfeld, Marie Antoinette, The Merry Widow, Rosalie, Wife Vs. Secretary, When Ladies Meet, The Great Waltz, Random Harvest, National Velvet and Scaramouche get the same love. NOT COMPLAINING by any means. And the release of Libeled Lady gives me sincere hope some of these other titles, judged as badly in need of rescue and repair, will likely get it as we move into the future. Woo-hoo! And can't wait!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I’m so happy!

this was one of the titles that, when I was doing my “494 nominees in 365 days” challenge, I found to be a pleasant surprise.

I like William Powell (the Thin Man is terrific) and I like Spencer Tracey.

I knew this would eventually come to Blu Ray, as I think all Best Picture nominees will eventually (save for three).
But, like Nick*Z said, the DVD had a VERY bad transfer.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
No brainer for me. This is a great film. Im a big William Powell Myrna Loy fan ! That makes three DVDs in the last month I can retire.
Libelled Lady
The Mortal Storm
Waterloo Bridge
And based on the podcast reported more classics are coming
On Twitter they said December will be packed !

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
No brainer for me. This is a great film. Im a big William Powell Myrna Loy fan ! That makes three DVDs in the last month I can retire.
Libelled Lady
The Mortal Storm
Waterloo Bridge
And based on the podcast reported more classics are coming
On Twitter they said December will be packed !
They usually don’t release in December! Or is that December for January?

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
They usually don’t release in December! Or is that December for January?
They normally don't release anything in December, but since the pandemic slowed them down, they are apparently going to have a few releases this year (confirmed by them, no less). And who knows? Since HBO Max seems to be behind some of their restorations happening, December releases *might* become a regular thing (but we'll see once we're past the pandemic).

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This it the quote from WAC on Twitter and can be found on their post for their November second half titles from October 20th. it is a reply to a person who asked about December
WAC " December is going to be abnormally PACKED with new releases."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks