What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Chain Lightning (1950) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51UtNiVwhFS.jpg

Expecting further press release details which will be posted here

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this during TCM's 2021 film festival on HBO Max and it looked fantastic.

Though, I wish it was "High Sierra" or some other more known Bogart titles, I'll be purchasing this BD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I watched this during TCM's 2021 film festival on HBO Max and it looked fantastic.

Though, I wish it was "High Sierra" or some other more known Bogart titles, I'll be purchasing this BD.
Are there any other well know Bogart films from Warner that haven't been released by WAC besides High Sierra? I know they have a few Bogart titles but I think most are like this title.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are there any other well know Bogart films from Warner that haven't been released by WAC besides High Sierra? I know they have a few Bogart titles but I think most are like this title.
Angels with Dirty Faces
The Roaring Twenties
Across the Pacific
Invisible Stripes
All Through the Night
Action in the North Atlantic
They Drive by Night

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Angels with Dirty Faces
The Roaring Twenties
Across the Pacific
Invisible Stripes
All Through the Night
Action in the North Atlantic
They Drive by Night
Yes not sure how I forgot Angels with Dirty faces and The Roaring Twenties. Never heard of Invisible Stripes.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
Don't forget ACROSS THE PACIFIC, too. I'm in on CHAIN LIGHTNING....I saw the new master on TCM a few weeks ago, and it was gorgeous, and I figured it had Warner Archive's fingerprints (thankfully, I'm not being literal) all over it......So happy to have it on order :rock:

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I too will pick up Chain Lighting but I also wish it was one of the better known films already mentioned. I wonder what the story is behind why this film was chosen for restoration? Whether it was requested for the TCM Film Festival's "Little Known Gems" block (or whatever it was called), or it was already planned by WAC and tossed into the festival because it fit?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I too will pick up Chain Lighting but I also wish it was one of the better known films already mentioned. I wonder what the story is behind why this film was chosen for restoration? Whether it was requested for the TCM Film Festival's "Little Known Gems" block (or whatever it was called), or it was already planned by WAC and tossed into the festival because it fit?
It was Bogart's last movie on his Warner contract and the first movie that featured "jets" in it.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I’m not familiar with this particular Bogart film. Anyone recommend it?

As far as the other yet to be released on Blu-ray Bogart films, I believe it was mentioned on the podcast that there was some sort of rights issues holding up Angels With Dirty Faces. And since the last podcast mentioned that the Goldwyn library was in a really poor state, I wouldn’t expect Dead End anytime soon.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I saw it on television way back in the Paleolithic age. I recall it was a decent time passer. Bogart is always worth watching, but he seemed to be going through the motions. It was an intriguing idea, about test pilots after the war developing faster airplanes, similar to "The Sound Barrier" but more perfunctory, a rah-rah programmer with some dispensable romantic plot between Bogie and Eleanor Parker that wasn't really developed. But I really liked all the stuff about the airplanes. The real personal part of the story was Bogie's relationship to the airplanes. And that wasn't developed enough either. But it was way more interesting then, say, "Strategic Air Command". And beautifully photographed. I enjoyed it. But I don't know that I'd recommend it as a purchase, unless you're a Bogart completist.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Black Legion, The Big Shot, The Two Mrs. Carrolls and Conflict are some other great Bogart films, not quite as well known as High Sierra, but would also be day 1 pickups for me !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks