What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Border Incident (1949) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61p0Z4b4XTL._SL1000_.jpg

Amazon Preorder Pending

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
A pretty brutal movie for its time, especially one particular sequence.
One of MGM's best odd duck releases - hard hitting - as good as their Intruder In The Dust -- Loved George Murphy - more than just a hoofer he could have won an Oscar with more performances like this and funny Mr F mentioned that this was meant as an Eagle Lion release the film has a RKO vibe too

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I knew very little about this release but since the podcast earlier this week and some reading, I have done on the film it will be a Day 1 purchase. Robert's comparison to Intruder in the Dust appears to be very apt; and that is a film I like very much.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Definitely worth a blind buy for the photography, still relevant storyline, and the
death of a main character in the third act (and how he's killed).
Out of Anthony Mann's 41-feature films, I'd rank this in the top ten-to-fifteen.

I hope they get to "The Devil's Doorway" in the future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Warner Archive Collection

Coming from the Warner Archive Collection this May!

NEW 2023 1080p HD Master from 4K Scan of best preservation elements!

BORDER INCIDENT (1949)

Run Time 95:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3
Product Color B&W
Disc Configuration BD 50

Special Features: Commentary by Dana Polin; Original Theatrical Trailer

Cast: Ricardo Montalban, George Murphy, James Mitchell, Howard Da Silva
U.S. Agent Jack Bearnes lies in an open field, shot and beaten. A giant, harrowing machine suddenly roars to life, its blades biting into the earth. Terrified, Bearnes tries to crawl away. But the machine crawls faster. As searing as a shot of tequila down a dust-parched throat, this steely thriller stars Ricardo Montalban and George Murphy as agents from each side of the Mexico-California border. Their job: Catch the thieves, murderers and moneymen who prey on illegal aliens desperate to make a few Americano dollars sweating as farm laborers. Anthony Mann (The Tall Target, The Naked Spur) directs, turning his lens to the beauty and the terror of stark desert wastelands. Blending classic film noir with a surprisingly contemporary plot, Border Incident is a relentless, cutting-edge gem of the genre.

1680457685143.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks