What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Anthony Mann’s 1949 Border Incident is a chilling tale with the postwar ugliness and violence that we have come to expect from films noir of that era.

Border Incident (1949)

Released: 28 Oct 1949
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 94 min

Director: Anthony Mann
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: Ricardo Montalban, George Murphy, Howard Da Silva
Writer(s): John C. Higgins, George Zuckerman

Plot: Mexican and American federal agents tackle a vicious gang exploiting illegal farm workers in southern California.

IMDB rating: 7.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio: English 2.0...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This Blu-ray does have excellent audio and video presentations. On a podcast, George Feltenstein mentioned they lost the OCN many years ago to a fire, so they had to use the fine grains for their 4K scan. Thank you for your fine review. I have to listen to Polan's audio commentary the next time I watch this Blu-ray.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
This Blu-ray does have excellent audio and video presentations. On a podcast, George Feltenstein mentioned they lost the OCN many years ago to a fire, so they had to use the fine grains for their 4K scan. Thank you for your fine review. I have to listen to Polan's audio commentary the next time I watch this Blu-ray.
Just watched this tonight. Awesome, suspenseful film. Beautiful transfer and super powerful sonics too! I recommend this to any fans of tight, suspenseful, nasty films. Great casting. Director Anthony Mann and cinematographer John Alton were an inspired team. They are not capable of staging a boring shot. Everything is visually elevated. Highly recommended. My heretical take - This is the only era of MGM cinema - the Dore Schary era - that feels authentic and hard hitting and without putting a glossy, wholesome smile on everything. This film and The Asphalt Jungle are films that could have been made at Warner Bros. at it's peak. That's saying a lot - to me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks