What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
My list consist of, a few, but not all;

Mask of Fu Manchu
Devil Doll
Mark of the Vampire
The Walking Dead
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1932 & 1941)
Freaks
David Copperfield
Fra Diavolo (The Devil's Brother)
Bonnie Scotland
A Day at the Races
Room Service
At the Circus
Go West
The Big Store
Rio Rita (1929 & 1942)
Lost In a Harem
A & C In Hollywood
Gay Purr-ee
7 Faces of Dr. Lao

Of course more classic Animation, Musicals, and Gangsters.
Excellent list! I will also add Treasure Island(1934), The Champ(1932 version) and Captains Courageous(1937)

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS, THE GOOD EARTH, and GOODBYE MR. CHIPS have always been essentials, in term of landmark MGM films from the '30s. In another direction entirely, I'd enjoy a release of the George Pal/Byron Haskin science fiction thriller THE POWER, an underrated little widescreen gem with a grand Miklos Rosza score. And, of course, full three-strip Technicolor recombines of several dazzling swashbucklers are high on my list, most importantly SCARAMOUCHE, THE PRISONER OF ZENDA, and THE ADVENTURES OF DON JUAN, which with undoubtedly provide retina-searing color visuals.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS, THE GOOD EARTH, and GOODBYE MR. CHIPS have always been essentials, in term of landmark MGM films from the '30s. In another direction entirely, I'd enjoy a release of the George Pal/Byron Haskin science fiction thriller THE POWER, an underrated little widescreen gem with a grand Miklos Rosza score. And, of course, full three-strip Technicolor recombines of several dazzling swashbucklers are high on my list, most importantly SCARAMOUCHE, THE PRISONER OF ZENDA, and THE ADVENTURES OF DON JUAN, which with undoubtedly provide retina-searing color visuals.
Wish WAC would give us a bit of an early XMAS gift and post a restoration clip of Ivanhoe on youtube! Count me in like Flynn on Flynn's Don Juan! Check out this PRICELESS bit of trivia told by Jimmy Stewart on his being tested for a role in the Good Earth!

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Wish WAC would give us a bit of an early XMAS gift and post a restoration clip of Ivanhoe on youtube!

Yeah, I miss when they would post clips from their upcoming releases, especially if they posted a restoration comparison (I believe their May batch was the last time they did this). I hope the Archive starts posting clips again soon.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
And... Raintree County. 2022 marks the film's 65th anniversary, so you can't blame a guy for hoping. ;)

In the full MGM Camera 65 2.76 AR

rcll-jpg.73060

mBen989

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
What is the latest hold-up regarding The Devils? It's probably in the YouTube video posted up thread but I don't feel like watching it tonight.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Are we only getting two titles in the month of January ?

The WAC program was supposed to end after George had left, from what I can gather.

My guess is that now they had to put things back into motion which means until they can ramp up, there will only be two releases a month.

However, that is simply a presumption of the situation.

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
I hope this is not the incorrect place to post this but..
I don’t have Twitter or face book or anything like that. I’m a teacher with no filter and there for avoid Social Media till I retire.

But for the sake of karma I wanted to put out to the Universe a thank you to George Feltenstein who has returned to Warners.

Thank him for, in just the last few months

THE NAKED SPUR

MAD LOVE

And finally… ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES.

Three of my all time favorite movies in impeccable condition. I’ve long loved these three movies but never ever have I really seen them. Not like this.

Like everyone else here I dearly want more. I’m a classic movie addict and I want to collect em all afore I die, or physical media dies.

BUT how remiss I’d be without thanking this paragon of cinema restoration, George Feltenstein.
I do hope I caught correct spelling.
Thank you sir for making this a great year for collecting movies.

Oh I almost forgot, CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN. A movie that was not one of favorites before I saw your amazing restoration. Again, I had never really seen the movie before.

Have a great rest of your year sir, you are a hero to all of us here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks