What's new

War Of The Roses: SE - Very Nice (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
Got through watching the movie this morning and it's quite a nice DVD. The supplemental content is apparently taken from the laserdisc edition of the picture, but it's quite good (and I'd never seen the LD) - funny, informative commentary from Devito, about 20 minutes of deleted footage, trailers, sketches and other material.

Pleasing 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer (THX Approved) and, as expected, 2.0 audio that's fairly basic and essentially dialogue-driven.

Priced at $19.99 retail, which means it can be picked up for cheaper at most stores. A definite recommendation.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the mini-review! I forgot this one came out last week and I NEED to own it!

Damn, is this movie funny.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Great - it's a must-have. Even though I love the movie, I sold my LD box set long ago. The picture was so soft and dull that I knew I would never rewatch it. Now it sounds like it's tolerable.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Also having the laser box set, I too will be picking up the DVD on the 18th. The extras are great, and there is a funny intro with Danny Devito.
Anybody who is having second thoughts about this DVD, DON'T!
A very nice DVD, with actually good deleted scenes.
Glad to see it got the THX approval

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks