War Of The Roses: SE - Very Nice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronJB, Dec 11, 2001.

1. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Got through watching the movie this morning and it's quite a nice DVD. The supplemental content is apparently taken from the laserdisc edition of the picture, but it's quite good (and I'd never seen the LD) - funny, informative commentary from Devito, about 20 minutes of deleted footage, trailers, sketches and other material.

Pleasing 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer (THX Approved) and, as expected, 2.0 audio that's fairly basic and essentially dialogue-driven.

Priced at $19.99 retail, which means it can be picked up for cheaper at most stores. A definite recommendation.

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Thanks for the mini-review! I forgot this one came out last week and I NEED to own it!

Damn, is this movie funny.

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Great - it's a must-have. Even though I love the movie, I sold my LD box set long ago. The picture was so soft and dull that I knew I would never rewatch it. Now it sounds like it's tolerable.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Also having the laser box set, I too will be picking up the DVD on the 18th. The extras are great, and there is a funny intro with Danny Devito.
    Anybody who is having second thoughts about this DVD, DON'T!
    A very nice DVD, with actually good deleted scenes.
    Glad to see it got the THX approval