What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 - 12/11/07 (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
There really weren't THAT many episodes of Disneyland. I would like to see these in season sets. There were a lot of repeats with that show, and showings of feature films. The feature films episodes could include just the openings and closings for historical sake.

Other Treasures sets could include:

Winnie-the-Pooh...all of the original featurettes. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh contained a new voice for Christopher Robin, and given its running time, some cuts.

Misc. Shorts...the rest of the shorts not yet released in these collections, including the featurette The Small One.

Educational Shorts....doesn't have to be all animated....some early Disney educational films and such could be included. I remember in high school we watched The People of Market Street films in Economics. I loved the 1970's 16mm films.

People and Places...nice series of short films.

Walt Disney World and EPCOT....there were some great specials on the openings of these two parks.

Zorro....or maybe it could be released on its own.

....I would be happy with these. Although some of the early Treasures need to be fixed, including Donald Vol. 1 with the loud digital pops in almost every short, and the infamous Wave 5 sets.

...I'm also thinking that maybe (if it still exists) The Three Little Pigs uncensored could be put on Song of the South. Maybe that film needs two releases...one for families, and one for collectors.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

All of the Silly Symphony shorts are included in the two volumes already issued - there are no more. The Figaro shorts (all 3 of them) were included with Pluto Volume 2.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I would love to see these as Treasures sets, one set devoted to each theme park (although it would probably be too soon for Animal Kingdom).

I like to see videos of past attractions, as well as older versions of some of the current attractions.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
To be accurate, that Disney Club exclusive is colorized and there isn't a non-colorized version available anywhere in region 1. That might matter to some folks.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Oops. Looks like you're right. Too bad. Still, better than nothing at this point. I can't see Disney releasing this to retail anytime soon. I guess it depends on how badly you want to watch the episodes.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
oh I didn't realize the Disney club version was colorized. ugh.

I really want Donald in Mathmagic Land. I think I could apply the billiards math to pool now, maybe. I don't know. I just want to see it again, I wore out the VHS as a kid. :)

roven97

Grip
Real Name
Phil

Oops. You are correct. I checked the UltimateDisney website before posting (and they obviously are in error), and haven't yet received my Pluto V2 or MSilly Symphonies from the DeepDiscountDVD sale yet to verify (should have checked Amazon's details first).

Thanks for pointing it out!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

What an odd decision by the Mouse...to colorize Zorro. While I know they have an extensive history of "revising the past"...I didn't think colorizing was something Disney was into.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I didn't know the Disney DVD Club Zorro set was colorized either - I decided against ordering it when I saw on the DDC webpage that the set was only available in DVD-R (!) Can anyone confirm this?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yes, they colorized "The Absent-Minded Professor" (1961 Oscar nominee for Best Black and White Cinematography, no less!) and all H broke loose. Maybe they've learned their lesson.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
In regards to Donald, Vol. 3: the above states that Donald will include material from 1947 to 1950. One of my favorites Donald shorts it TRICK OR TREAT...available on "The Black Cauldren"...on which it has a 1952 copyright date. This means then, it will not be included in this collection?

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Thanks Matt...after a little research, i found that 1950 was not the end of Donald's cartoons...he was included in quite a few more!!...so i will be hoping for another volume....gheese!!!...it never ends! :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The total numbers of tins isn't even known yet, but these three I will buy anyway.

Cees

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Leonard Maltin did an interview with JimHillMedia just the other day and let drop a few bits of information about what we can expect on the next Wave.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

Zorro is NOT DVD-R! Disney would never release something that was not copyright protected!

The set is colorized. It is only Season 1. And it is sold as 5 separate volumes. You can join the club and at least buy some (not sure if you can buy all) as your Introductory features for a low price.

They hold up well. Wish I could get more...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks