What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 - 12/11/07 (1 Viewer)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Yeah, Oswald does have a very high number. My gut is that since they got the character back, we'll probably see that set repurposed in many retail outlets throughout the Disney empire.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
How many of you didn't get the Oswald button that's supposed to be inside the tin ( according to a sticker on the shrink wrap ) ?

I didn't.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had to get a raincheck at my Best Buy for the Disneyland and Donald titles. They have gotten NONE in...even though they are featured in their flyer...with a promotional sale (2/$40). :thumbsdown: They had LOTS of Oswald sets.

Hope I don't miss out on the Donald set...if they are in some severely limited run. I'm sure I'll find some somewhere...if my BB doesn't come through.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Oddly, they are selling the Donald tin for several bucks less than the others around here. I got one, it was the only title that the tins weren't all banged up (??). :frowning: Never saw that before.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If you're worried about missing out on the Donald Duck set, I'd say order it from Amazon. Then wait for BB to get Disneyland in and combine it with Oswald and use the 2 for $40 raincheck.

All the Donald Duck sets were gone at the BB in my area too. They had plenty of Oswalds and I found a Disneyland set behind a couple of the old Mickey Mouse Club and Hardy Boys sets so I was able to take advantage of the 2 for $40. Then I ordered the Donald Duck set from Amazon.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

Same thing where I live. So of couse the clerk said, "Oh, we sold out of those." I think they never got them.

It's possible that something happened to the deliveries (maybe due to the ice storms in a lot of the US?), because Sam's Club didn't have these on Tuesday, but did have them Thursday.

Also, one Target I visited only had the Oswalds -- yet another had all three on schedule.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that there's 50,000 of Disneyland and Donald Duck sets and 120,000 of the Osawld sets so it seems much more likely that the sets produced in smaller numbers are going to be bought by collectors first.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My clerk tried to say that...until I pointed out there was no labeled empty space for them on the new release wall (where Oswald was). He then checked closer and said they never got them in.

Now I'm starting to get a little worried.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
There were no Donald sets at two different Best Buys I visited on Wednesday, and one store had no Disneyland sets.

With sales tax around here (and no sales tax at Amazon,) the 2/$40 deal is a couple of bucks better than Amazon's price of $23 each. But my sets will be delivered Monday (hopefully not dented all to hell.)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, and I know this is just one store out of many - but my Costco had a ton of all three for 21 bucks. I only got the Disneyland one (never one for the animation, but I dig that live action), but there was plenty to go around.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy had all three (I thought), but I passed on Donald because all the tins were dented (and had the blue band that Disney dropped on subsequent Waves).

I just went and looked at my copies of Donald Vol 1 & 2 and I think I must have been looking at stock they still had of Donald Vol 1 as that one had a blue band and I just wasn't paying that close attention at Best Buy. Good thing I didn't go ahead and buy it -- I would have been pissed at myself for not noticing what Volume I was buying and then having to return it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since my BB had no Donalds or Disneylands, I went and searched through the Disney section where there were several of the older tin sets...including Donald: Volume 1 with the band made from heavy paper stock.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike, try Target.

I stopped by my local Target Wednesday night and noticed all three Wave 7 releases on the shelf (at least 4-5 copies of each title.) They were priced $24.99 ea., but all things considered, a few months down the road, this may seem like the "bargain of the year."

Since they had it, and after I learned about the low print run on Tuesday, I snagged the Disneyland set, too. So, now I have all three. The Disneyland set is amazing, BTW, and may be one of the best Treasures ever IMO! If you only get one, this is the one to get. Also, the 90 minute Ub Iwerks documentary on the Oswald set is not to be missed!

FWIW, the closest Walmart had no copies of any Wave 7 release, but somewhat interestingly, my local Sam's Club had all three (plus a couple titles from previous waves) all priced at $21.88 ea. This is certainly a good price, especially after the BB sale ends. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this before I purchased at BB and Target. Still, with the BB "2 for $40" deal, plus the $24.99 at Target, I saved about a dollar over the Sam's Club total price so I ain't complaining! :)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yeah, I was nervous this year as most local stores including the Wal-Mart never got Wave 6. Wave 7 seems to be much easier to get here (all of them), as well as a few of the older tins, including Donald 1 & 2 for those starting late. I realise mentioning local stores doesn't help most people much, but it helps give an idea of availability in general...

Anyway, as mentioned I had real trouble getting Wave 6, just completed it yesterday! I negotiated a price of $17.59 for More Silly Symphonies with amazon.ca ...after all, it's old junk stock they should be happy to get rid of and I'm doing them a BIG favor... :)

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Here's a little more review from me:

I finished watching two of the three TV episodes (from Wonderful World of Color) on disc two of the Disneyland set, and they were great. I've never seen an episode of Walt's TV show that looked this good. In past sets, we've been given a laserdisc master (see the first Disneyland Treasures tin) or something slightly improved. It looked clear to me that these were new transfers from the original film elements. They looked great. At one part during a small world sequence, it occured to me that you could use some of these shots as examples of black level and color saturation. Very nice. So much better than before.

-Reagan

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I actually did see all three at my local BJs Warehouse on release day @ $24.99...but passed on them figuring I would get them eventually at the sale price from BB. Probably should have gone back...although 2/$40 is sooo much better than 2/$50. But, then again, 2/$50 is sooo much better than bupkiss. :frowning:

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
In Olympia, WA, Best Buy did not have the Donald Duck set (or a space on the shelf for it) and only a couple of the Oswald sets. I think they had some one of the Disneyland set as well.

The Costco in Tumwater, WA had a ton of Oswald and only a few of Donald set left. (I wasn't interested in the Disneyland set, so I don't remember if they had any of those or not.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...went back to Best Buy tonight and found a copy of Donald Vol. 3 ($29.99) on the shelves...but no Disneyland. I asked a blue shirt if they had any Disneylands. His machine said no with none on the horizon...he then admonished me for thinking they would have them if I didn't get a call. (No kidding.) I responded that I did find one of the two on the shelf...but that, again, it's hard to take advantage of a 2/$40 sale when you only have one out of three items. He said they must be holding one of the Donalds for me...while waiting for the other to arrive...and that I'll get a call then.

Why don't I believe him? :confused:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike, you could order them all from Amazon as a backup. Then if you get Oswald and Donald Duck (for example) from BB, you just return the Oswald and Donald Duck sets back to Amazon. It's alot of hoops to jump through and more money spent on shipping but if you're worried about missing them and if BB doesn't come through, it'll be your insurance plan.

And in cruel and taunting news, I just got my Donald Duck set from Amazon today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks