Wall plate / Wall mount Spkrs

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Bill Basher, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Bill Basher

Bill Basher Auditioning

Dumb question but oh well. [​IMG] When wall mounting your satellite speakers, is it common practice to have a single gang outlet, 2 terminal wall plate next to each sat. speaker.

I sure would like to get around that, I think it would look a lot cleaner with small sat. speakers I have, the outlet is almost as big as my speakers. 8 lbs only.

I'm looking at using Omnimounts for them and was looking at what ways to run the speaker wire to them, wall plate is about all I've found.

Thanks!!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I’m not sure if I understand what you’re getting at Bill, but you don’t have to use any kind of wall plate. If you can run the wire straight out a small hole in the wall directly to the speaker, that will do just fine.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. John Gido

John Gido Second Unit

I have my speaker wire coming directly out of the wall through these.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i would say it's personal preference.

i like john's idea. should provide a nice clean opening. plus, you don't have a break in the wire.

if you use a wall plate, it provides a nice look. plus, if you ever move, you can simply cover up the gang box. but, it breaks the signal chain.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i would say it's personal preference.

i like john's idea. should provide a nice clean opening. plus, you don't have a break in the wire.

if you use a wall plate, it provides a nice look. plus, if you ever move, you can simply cover up the gang box. but, it breaks the signal chain.

6. Bill Basher

Bill Basher Auditioning

Oh.. I like John's suggestion too. That will work great and be less $$ even better WAF!

Now how do you handle when the sat. speaker wires comes back to the wall at your receiver? Any suggestions for that too??

Thanks!!

7. Bill Basher

Bill Basher Auditioning

Oh.. I like John's suggestion too. That will work great and be less $$ even better WAF!

Now how do you handle when the sat. speaker wires comes back to the wall at your receiver? Any suggestions for that too??

Thanks!!

8. John Gido

John Gido Second Unit

Behind the receiver I use an 8 terminal wall plate w/banana plugs (2 sets for the surround speakers & 2 sets for the backyard speakers).

9. John Gido

John Gido Second Unit

Behind the receiver I use an 8 terminal wall plate w/banana plugs (2 sets for the surround speakers & 2 sets for the backyard speakers).