What's new

Wall plate / Wall mount Spkrs (1 Viewer)

Bill Basher

Auditioning
Dumb question but oh well. :) When wall mounting your satellite speakers, is it common practice to have a single gang outlet, 2 terminal wall plate next to each sat. speaker.

I sure would like to get around that, I think it would look a lot cleaner with small sat. speakers I have, the outlet is almost as big as my speakers. 8 lbs only.

I'm looking at using Omnimounts for them and was looking at what ways to run the speaker wire to them, wall plate is about all I've found.

Thanks!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m not sure if I understand what you’re getting at Bill, but you don’t have to use any kind of wall plate. If you can run the wire straight out a small hole in the wall directly to the speaker, that will do just fine.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i would say it's personal preference.

i like john's idea. should provide a nice clean opening. plus, you don't have a break in the wire.

if you use a wall plate, it provides a nice look. plus, if you ever move, you can simply cover up the gang box. but, it breaks the signal chain.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i would say it's personal preference.

i like john's idea. should provide a nice clean opening. plus, you don't have a break in the wire.

if you use a wall plate, it provides a nice look. plus, if you ever move, you can simply cover up the gang box. but, it breaks the signal chain.

Bill Basher

Auditioning
Oh.. I like John's suggestion too. That will work great and be less $$ even better WAF!

Now how do you handle when the sat. speaker wires comes back to the wall at your receiver? Any suggestions for that too??

Thanks!!

Bill Basher

Auditioning
Oh.. I like John's suggestion too. That will work great and be less $$ even better WAF!

Now how do you handle when the sat. speaker wires comes back to the wall at your receiver? Any suggestions for that too??

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks