What's new

Vote for the "Rescue Me" season 2 cover (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I voted for the one that was finalized. How about using the other for one of the slimcases inside? I prefer it when the inner cases have different art than the box cover.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I was trying to think of what they could use the other cover for, but using it for the slimcase is a great idea. Are you listening Gord? Or Dave?
-James

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Aww, man! I totally missed this poll! I love this show, and would have voted for the cast coverart, but regardless, I'll buy the DVD. I love when a production company let's us (at least think) that we have a say in things.

Ryan

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Damn it.... I missed this one too............... Oh well at least we are getting the show...teehee.... I love this show! Between this the shield and nip/tuck..... F/X owns me......lol....

R~

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
While I like the idea of the Leary falling poster, the photoshop job on it is terrible. His face looks pasted on to the body and sticks out of the picture too much. Nothing seems real.

The cast cover has some consistency, it's not great, but I'd rather have that. So that's the way I voted, glad to see it won.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
According to this article over at DVD Active, Sony just changed the artwork to the one that lost in the vote.

Why did Sony even bother asking?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yup...they changed the artwork. I can only guess that someone higher up reversed the decision and went with the falling artwork.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
So, Sony screws the fans over again? Why ain't I surprised! The whole point of asking TV Shows on DVD to choose thw winning cover, when the cover is chosen they pull the "you're suckers" routine and declare the winning cover invalid.

What's the point in having the fans log onto TV Shows on DVD, vote for their favourite cover and then Sony turn around and plaster big "Suckers" labels on their forehead. I voted for the other cover as well and I'm very disappointed in Sony for making this choice.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Bear in mind that "Sony" is not a monolithic entity -- it's a huge multinational corporation wherein various groups don't always know what others are up to, even within the SPHE division.

It's entirely possible that someone came up with the vote and then someone higher up found out about it after the fact and nixed it for whatever reason.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Well that's a shame. I think the other cover was much more appropriate for the show. It also matches the first season packaging a lot better. The cover with Leary falling is just kind of odd and may give people the wrong impression about the content of the show.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It could be that Dennis Leary's falling is signifying Sony's image in the mind's eye of the public. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Or it could be that someone involved in the show wanted the falling cover used, and since that person is also an executive producer, that person's opinion counts for a lot. You know...I'm just saying maybe that's what happened.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks