What's new

Volcano High (1 Viewer)

camilo_m

Agent
I was looking the list of dvd's released today, and this one seems to be pretty cool.

Volcano High
It's a hip-hop, kung-fu with mind blowing special effects backed by an impressive cast of celebrity voices including Method Man, Andre 3000, Lil Jon, Snoop Dogg, Big Boi, Mya, Kelis, and Tracy Morgan. Martial arts and urban hip hop collide in this new blend of action, based on the #1 theatrical film in Korea, in 2003!

hehehe... I'm interested in watch it, the idea is interesting! Have anyone gotten this dvd? or have plans to buy it?

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't seen this movie but I heard mixed reviews. It's a Korean action flick. Just so you know Method Man and company are not in the movie. They just did the English dub for it. It's more a gimmick to sell the movie to those who are to lazy to read subtitles :rolleyes

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
...and never mind, since I saw the DVD in the store today and it's apparently a two-disc set with both the MTV version and the "original Korean version". Of course, how original "original" is can be unpredictable.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the original korean release from megastar and loved it.

I think it says region 3 on the box but is actually region 0. fairly decent transfer and subs from what I recall.

Jinsook H

Auditioning
I watched the original, uncut Korean version (Cinema Service released if you are curious) last night. This movie is definitely worth a watch in my opinion. The special effects are cool, the soundtrack rocks, and the action is non-stop. The story is not all that great, but if you go in with an open mind and just sit back and go along for the ride I think most will enjoy it.
To address the question about the MTV version, most folks seem to hate it. No surprise here! I for one can't imagine superimposing the voices of the various guys on the cover over the talented original Korean cast. Worse, I understand the cool hard hitting original soundtrack was replaced by a more mellow hip hop sound and that it just isn't as effective.
Try both and see what you think, but don't dismiss it until you've seen the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks