What's new

Vocals in my passive in-tower subwoofers (1 Viewer)

NeverCleverTrevor

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor
Is something broke or just hooked up wrong?

I just moved recently and have hooked my stereo back up a little differently than it was in my last place. Now I am using a CambridgeAudio 640R AVR* and a McIntosh MC2120 2 channel power amp with a pair of *Bi-ampable* Polk Audio RTi10 tower speakers. The speakers consist of a tweeter, a 6 1/2 woofer/mid range and two 7 inch subwoofers. I also utilize an EQ. Before this set up it was exactly same just no Cambridge and wired differently of course, instead I was utilizing my 76' SX-950. Now I have all kinds of vocals coming through my subs. They are literally trying to run as full range speakers. Right now I have it set up the only way my wires at the moment will allow which is in this order 1)PS4 2)TV 3)EQ 4)Y adapter rca cables out to 5)>Cambridge>tweeter/full range 5)>McIntosh>subwoofers. I know that the EQ will force a change in the subs output especially with the EQ being the last thing the McIntosh saw but it didn't sound like this when I had the old SilverFace hooked up.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Seems like an easy fix, just turn down the gains on the McIntosh. Aside from that, it appears that the Cambridge’s bass management isn’t working. Either that or you haven’t set it up properly. Or you have the bass bands on the EQ boosted.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks