What's new

Viewing distance question -1080 projection from 11 feet (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
My room is 11 feet across and I imagine we'll be viewing from around 8 feet away... We ordered a 1080p projector as well as a 106" screen... though just measuring, it seems 106" might be too big (though it will fit fine on the wall). Is it distracting to project smaller onto a larger screen? I might eventually need the space when we move in the future... Or maybe it isn't too big, it is hard to determine... Thanks for any tips!

BTW we ordered the Panasonic AE2000U and this screen:

Amazon.com: Draper Screen Luma 106" Dia.: Electronics

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Perhaps you should start by clarifying whether you will be viewing from 11 feet or 8, or somewhere in between. It will also help to know what type of screen material you're getting, what degree of ambient light control you can achieve in the room, how far off to the side you want people to sit and still see a good image, and whether or not you care much about image fidelity vs. just big and "watchable." It would also help to know if you plan to get the projector professionally calibrated.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I think what Guy is questioning is whether an 11' distance is long enough to allow the projector to throw a 106" picture. Yes?

If so, looking at the projectors specs, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector Specs

I used the link above for your projector, select the complete specs tab, and then click on the "View Panasonic PT-AE2000U Image Calculator. It has a popup window that will display throw distances for that model...

Using that calculator - it says with a throw distance of 11' - your screen size can be between 112" and 57" - so you can fill your 106" screen.

Keeping the screen sized fixed at 106" - the throw range is from 10'5" to 19'8"....

So, if you can mount the projector at least 10'5" from the screen, using full zoom 1.98x (zoom range is from 1.98x to 1.0x) , you will be able to fill your screen....

This is probally something that you should have done before ordering the projector, but in your case it looks like you will be OK...

I hope that helps, and enjoy the projector...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks