What's new

Video Control Device - Video Switch (1 Viewer)

Kevin-R-S

Agent
Not sure if I am using the right terminology but I have a few questions about setting up my HT with a video switch that can handle all my connections.

I need a device that I can used to switch between my different video requirements. What I mean is a this:

I have run RGB 5 for component video (red green blue) from my AV center to my projector. The extra two cables in the RGB5 cable I will use for s-video, and RCA video.

What I need now is a device that I can use to plug in all my different components (ie. cable box, satellite, Xbox, DVD). So essentially something with 5 or 6 of these inputs, and one master output that will connect to my projector.

Can this be accomplished by simply buying the right Digital HT receiver. Or is it better to use a separate device.

Also, I plan on terminating a wall plate which has Component video inputs, S-video inputs, RCA video and Audio Inputs, as well as coaxial Digital audio. HAs anyone seen a wall plate like this. My point behind this type of termination is so that I can simply plug in a video camera or a game console into the wall at the front of the room instead of having to plug them in at the back of the room where my AV rack is located.

Is what I am talking about possible, and if so can someone shed some light on what I might need for equipment to handle this.

Thanks

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
I would go the route of a converting A/V reciever. I went with the Onkyo 803, it will conver any signal (except HDMI) into Component out. A nice little feature that many new amps are doing. You should have plenty of inputs to accomidate all of your equipment and one button switching of components.

For your wall plates, you might be suprised what Home Depot has. If they don't have what you need check out Partsexpress, they have a good assortment. I'm sure there are other sites that have a good assortment too.
Here is a link for partsexpress....
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&WebPage_ID=251

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kevin:

Check out RAM Electronics too. They sell a large number of component switching devices.

If you go the receiver route I would look into the Outlaw Audio 990 or the 970 models. They both offer a lot of switching capabilities and don't cost you an arm and a leg at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks