What's new

Victim (1961) Blu-ray picture quality? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've been casting into the past for movies I don't have on Blu-ray and are no longer showing up frequently on Prime. This Network region B Blu-ray has been out a while but there are few reviews for it. A couple of reviews mention DNR. Does anyone here have the Blu-ray and can comment on picture quality?
Thanks in advance, Trevor.

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
I've been casting into the past for movies I don't have on Blu-ray and are no longer showing up frequently on Prime. This Network region B Blu-ray has been out a while but there are few reviews for it. A couple of reviews mention DNR. Does anyone here have the Blu-ray and can comment on picture quality?
Thanks in advance, Trevor.
I have it and while it’s not the absolute greatest quality I’ve found it really satisfying and have viewed it multiple times. The performances and the film itself are well worth the investment. Again, not a reference quality print but more than serviceable when I’ve watched on my LG OLED. An excellent and historic work in LGBTQIA Cinema. Dirk Bogarde is the real thing. A superb actor giving an excellent performance.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I received the Network Blu-ray and it's a missed opportunity. While most aspects of the picture quality are near perfect, DNR is much in evidence, it was in vogue at the time of the transfer but we now realise natural grain is preferred.
I have the HVE DVD, it's definitely a different transfer, it's from the Janus Collection and 1.66:1 aspect ratio (vs 1.85:1 for the Blu-ray) and proves the OCN is in good condition. Like I said a missed opportunity unlikely to be corrected on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks