What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
[Imprint] has its second batch of Paramount releases slated for August 26...

When Worlds Collide (1951)
https://viavision.com.au/shop/when-worlds-collide-1951/

A Place In The Sun (1951)
https://viavision.com.au/shop/a-place-in-the-sun-1951/

The Carpetbaggers (1964)
https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-carpetbaggers-1964/

No Way to Treat A Lady (1968)
https://viavision.com.au/shop/no-way-to-treat-a-lady-1968/

Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)
https://viavision.com.au/shop/night-falls-on-manhattan-1996/

Bundle
https://viavision.com.au/shop/imprint-bundle-pack-august-2020/

(Please note: DeepDiscount offered the first batch of 5 releases for sale in the US, and might do so again for this second batch)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
2ND Batch of Releases now being announced and a very strong start. #3 and no sign of slowing down

Announcing hourly x 5 on their Social Media sites then Orders at imprintfilms.com.au should be live around 3 am EDT
2nd Wave appears to release August 26th, 2020 -- orders just went up at Imprint

Bundle Price $150 AUD + shipping just like the 1st batch and I think people said they were charged at time of their order.
$34.95AUD each otherwise
Imprint Wave 2 Bundle -- August 26, 2020

Now just waiting on the first review of 1st Round of discs to see if it worth paying the premium

When Worlds Collide (1951) which has been rumored for a couple week

No Way to Treat a Lady (1968)

A Place in the Sun (1951)

The Carpetbaggers (1964)

Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)

I see you’d already covered this David. I created a new thread just now, which the invisible powers above just merged into this thread.

Moderators: please feel welcome to delete that merged post as it’s completely covered by David’s earlier post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay guys I have merged the threads, changed the thread title and have sticky this thread. Going forward, please, use this thread to announce "Imprint" BD Releases as well as discuss them similar to prior threads for Kino and Twilight Time. Thank you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see you’d already covered this David. I created a new thread just now, which the invisible powers above just merged into this thread.

Moderators: please feel welcome to delete that merged post as it’s completely covered by David’s earlier post.
That was I as I wanted to keep the announcements and discussion about "Imprint" releases centrally located in one major thread. Also, there is no need to delete your post. :thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't bought any of these "Imprint" titles as I still hope for a BD release here in the States. Furthermore, just about all of the "Imprint" releases that I have interest in, I already have in my iTunes digital library.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I haven't bought any of these "Imprint" titles as I still hope for a BD release here in the States. Furthermore, just about all of the "Imprint" releases that I have interest in, I already have in my iTunes digital library.
The HD of A PLACE IN THE SUN on iTunes is old and not very good. Last month it was on the Criterion Channel and with a new stunningly beautiful HD transfer. It must have had a major restoration.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
The HD of A PLACE IN THE SUN on iTunes is old and not very good. Last month it was on the Criterion Channel and with a new stunningly beautiful HD transfer. It must have had a major restoration.

I have A Place in the Sun in HD on iTunes and agree, it doesn't look so hot. The film received a 4K restoration awhile back. I was fortunate enough to see the DCP on the big screen and agree, it looks stunning. Now we need a disc or digital release of the 4K restoration of Romeo and Juliet! The European Blu-rays use an old master.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I think the "IMPRINT" blu ray will be the new restoration of PLACE IN THE SUN.

Yes, the specs say it's derived from the new-ish 4K restoration:

• 1080p presentation taken from the latest 4K restoration of the film
• Audio commentary with George Stevens Jr. and associate producer Ivan Moffat
• “George Stevens and His Place in the Sun” featurette
• “George Stevens: The Filmmakers Who Knew Him” – Warren Beatty, Frank Capra, and others reminisce about working with Stevens
• English Dolby Digital 5.1
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1000 copies

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know it's old, but, that doesn't mean it's not going to get upgraded on iTunes. Let's remember this BD release isn't until the end of August.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Should we hold our breath? The only one announced so far is War of the Worlds (1953), correct?

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
You write some very strange things, especially since your a "moderator." Aren't there more important things in life, Robert? Like the To Catch a Thief disc? :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ha, I'm 70 this year, & I'm not waiting for anything I don't have to wait for. I've bought lots of Blu-rays worldwide that haven't had a UK release (& probably never will have), but each to his own.
I ordered my first Blu-ray from this outfit "Sorry, Wrong Number" as a test case for me. I hope DD is able to ship it on time.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi Billy -- welcome to the 70s club .. though technically you're in the last year of your 60s. I turn 76 this year and am fighting-fit, apart from rheumatoid arthritis, chronic asthma (with me since I was 2) and wet macular degeneration. Despite that, I'm still ready and willing to go out and do my bit for queen and country, as long as that doesn't involve anthing more taxing than a trip to the letter-box, or assembling my roasing equipment to get another batch of South American coffee beans ready to transmute into espresso .. the elixir of life.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Should we hold our breath? The only one announced so far is War of the Worlds (1953), correct?

...Which might be the same source material, but the bonus features are different. The Imprint edition includes two commentary tracks that will not appear on the Criterion.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Hi Billy -- welcome to the 70s club .. though technically you're in the last year of your 60s. I turn 76 this year and am fighting-fit, apart from rheumatoid arthritis, chronic asthma (with me since I was 2) and wet macular degeneration. Despite that, I'm still ready and willing to go out and do my bit for queen and country, as long as that doesn't involve anthing more taxing than a trip to the letter-box, or assembling my roasing equipment to get another batch of South American coffee beans ready to transmute into espresso .. the elixir of life.

Thanks Anthony. Just a bit of arthritis so far, I've been really lucky with my health. The funny thing about getting old, is that if you're healthy, you don't feel old, I'm still in jeans & t-shirt & listening to 70s pop/rock (my favourite decade for music), & I don't think I even own a tie. The best thing about being old (apart from not being dead) is that you stop caring what other people think of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks