What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (3 Viewers)

willyTass

Supporting Actor
62D3FA45-9EFD-4BA9-ADA7-4258E3F17C44.jpeg
D5F6896C-7AE1-4ACC-A1A5-92E1DA6E1402.jpeg
picked these up today

The War of the Worlds looks good with many scenes retaining film grain

but unfortunately Sorry , Wrong number is a disgrace . May not be Via Visions fault because of what survives of this film and the master given to them

what we have here is a horribly digital , harsh looking transfer with blown out highlights , and lots of posterisation. It looks like shit .

With their website advertising Dolby digital audio for A Place in the Sun and The Carpetbaggers I hope they ain’t scraping the bottom of the barrel in what masters they purchase from Paramoumt

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope to have both of those titles next week. I'll reserve any further comments until then except to say I'm not surprise by "The War of the Worlds" as it's my opinion that the 4K/Dolby Vision digital on iTunes is excellent video-wise.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
With their website advertising Dolby digital audio for A Place in the Sun and The Carpetbaggers I hope they ain’t scraping the bottom of the barrel in what masters they purchase from Paramoumt

Their upcoming Blu-ray of A Place in the Sun is supposed to be derived from the recent-ish 4K restoration. I saw the DCP of that projected and it looked gorgeous, so the Blu-ray should look quite nice. That's a shame about Sorry, Wrong Number, though. I've never seen that film but I love Stanwyck and the plot sounds right up my alley, so I planned to pick that one up when I ordered A Place in the Sun. Perhaps I'll just get the HD digital of Wrong Number on iTunes instead.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, but these companies can only release the masters they're given (I know some companies like Criterion & Arrow sometimes to their own restorations). The key word here is >patience< don't pre-order, read a review or two first, but I'd take a chance with Sony or WAC.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Their upcoming Blu-ray of A Place in the Sun is supposed to be derived from the recent-ish 4K restoration. I saw the DCP of that projected and it looked gorgeous, so the Blu-ray should look quite nice. That's a shame about Sorry, Wrong Number, though. I've never seen that film but I love Stanwyck and the plot sounds right up my alley, so I planned to pick that one up when I ordered A Place in the Sun. Perhaps I'll just get the HD digital of Wrong Number on iTunes instead.
I'm definitely going to compare the two once my BD shows up.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi WillyTass
I'm thinking of picking up War of the Worlds. Just wondering how Imprint managed to get around having to stamp the awful censorship coding label on the cover artwork. Judging by your photo, they've managed to eliminate that artwork vandalism.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks