What's new

VHS jitters (1 Viewer)

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, don't slag me too badly for asking this low tech question but anyone know why my old Toshiba VHS player has the jitters in play back mode? Taping and watching golf is painful as close ups of the ball rolling on the green is very jerky...no wonder the players are missing their puts.
Thanks,
Rick

John S

Senior HTF Member
It used to be fine I take it?????

I have given up on using VHS since I got the HDTV, it is just to painfull to even try to watch anymore.

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
John: I agree but I use VHS for recording network shows then play them back when I have time. We don't have TiVo up here yet, so my options are limited.
Worked fine until I got my HD TV.
Rick

John S

Senior HTF Member
I really think you are just see'n just how bad your VHS stuff has always been, you just didn't have the display that could reveal it.

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
John: Most likely you are right but this is really bad. Can't really watch it the way it is. My other TV's and VHS don't do this. Might be the way it is connected. Will have to figure it out as I need it for a while anyway.
R

John S

Senior HTF Member
What I am telling you, is that VHS is virtually unwatchable on HDTV's......

If you find anything that improves it, post back, as I would like to try your same solution(s).

Your other TV's are doing it, it is just their displays are not accurate enough to reveal it.

Best of luck with it for sure.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
VHS...

R.I.P.

I watched The Empire Strikes Back a week ago (the last box set release).

Thank God for DVD...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks